Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I don't own an XD but am considering a .45 Compact. I have a Glock 21 and love it. Can anyone tell me why I should get an XD instead of a G 36?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
How does this sound, I have 12,000-15,000 rounds through mine with no malfunction other than some bad ammo.

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hello Everybody,

I don't own an XD but am considering a .45 Compact. I have a Glock 21 and love it. Can anyone tell me why I should get an XD instead of a G 36?

Go shoot one and you will be able to quickly make up your own mind.

·
Premium Member
127,771 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just go with the XD45C...you won't regret it.

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
Hello Everybody,

If you love the Glock, keep it. If you like the XD better, get one. I love my XD45. The first thing I looked at when shopping for a carry gun was a Glock, but I didn't like the grip angle...so I went with the XD.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Welcome from Virginia! Try shooting the XD45C and make sure it feels right in your hands. I don't like how the Glock grip feels, how the trigger feels or the grip angle. Sure, they are reliable, as reliable as an XD, but I like the feel and fit of my XD45C better than anything else I've held so far!

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
After fondling the glock .45, I know why they call it a block! That's EXACTLY what the handle feels like, a plastic block. Seriously, it's like they made a gun out of legos! The grip on the XD is MUCH more comforatble. It's a little smaller than the block too, even in my big hands, the block's grip was too big. The big block grip throws off the position of my finger on the trigger, making it awkward to adjust my hand to fit the gun. I picked up the XD, and my mind was made up. Finger was in position on the trigger naturally, didn't feel like it was too big for my hand. More importantly, the handle didn't feel like a square block that somebody tried to shave the corners off of it to make a gun grip out of it. Never fired a block in .45 (shot a 9mm once) and don't have much experience with them. I'm sure they're good guns, they have a great reputation. Based on the way the grip feels, I'd go with an XD like I did. :grin:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Everybody has pretty much sumed it up , Just get a xd and you will understand.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
it feels better in your hand. Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
They are very similar yet very different. The biggest difference is when you snag a Glock trigger and it trips the safety and shoots you in the leg. Then you will say... Dayum, I should have bought that XD-45C with the grip safety that prevents firing upon trigger snag.

Yep both are rugged, both are black blocks, both are very accurate, etc. etc. But the XD is safer.

BTW, I love mine... carry it every day.
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts