Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my first post on an XD forum is about a non-XD pistol. Currently own a XD 9sub, and for someone my size (5'6", 140#), it's still just a bit heavy to carry. Looking at single stacks to lighten the load. The XDs' grip is a little wide for my preference, so I've been leaning towards the Kahr. Very nice trigger with no stacking, small print, no external safety (which is important for us lefties). There's a very clean used one at the local dealer I've been eying. Any others that I should consider before I trade in my XD?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
$400 is an excellent price for a P9. Just make sure the sights are still bright (should have night sights, IIRC) and if so, and the size is right for you, go for it. I bought one for my wife and it was good to go right out of the box. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The CM9 is smaller than the P9 a bit. That's not a bad price on it used though.

My PM9 is comparable to the CM and it cost me twice as much new. (CM9 wasn't around then otherwise I'd have go e that route.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The P9 could have regular three dots. Night sights were optional. My PM9 came with tru dots from the factory.
Yes, pretty sure it had regular 3 dot sights. Had a great day at the range with the XD today. Makes for a tough decision of whether or not to trade it.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
That's not gonna be quite as pleasant to shoot. Let us know bow it runs!

Forewarning, these little guys can have teethi g issues early on before they run smooth. My PM9 gave a little grief but has been good for quote some time with various loads. Never had a ftf or fte with it. Just a little stint where the trigger bar was rubbing on the side plate. Probably got dirty.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Dev knows his Kahr's and is right about breaking in.

I had a PM I paid 700 bucks for and STUPIDLY sold. I recently got a CM I paid 335 for and I love it. I actually ran 50 rounds through it today just because I haven't shot it in a while and you could cover the target at 25 feet with a coffee saucer. Excellent little gun.

But a 400 used PM vs 350 for the CM, if the PM is in good shape I'd get it if nothing else than for the resale value. At 400 you can resell it for what you paid.

Great pocket guns, fabulous DA triggers.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
This a P9. It's the CW9's fancy brother. You can always to a grip chop on it and use PM9 mags too if you wanna get crazy.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Lookie here - new one with night sights and spare factory mags - $499 + S&H:
CDNN SPORTS - KAHR P9 9MM STAINLESS NIGHT SIGHTS
I'll tell you what, you get a nice IWB and you could carry that little gun all day in comfort and have 8 rounds ready to go. If I was as fond of my XDs as I am I'd pick one of those up to be my regular carry gun. Heck of a price.

When they come out with the optics target gun I'm going to have to get one. I'm turning into a Moonie/Fanboy.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I carry a PM40 almost every day. I keep trying new guns and always go back to the PM.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love all of my Kahr's! My CM9 is the one I CC the most. I have the CW380 for summer pocket carry. I haven't tried to carry the CW45 yet. I haven't had one single problem out of any of them. Great prices on them and excellent quality.

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
I suggested the Kahr CM9 to a friend and he said it had a plastic guide rod, that was a no go for him. The PM9 was his preferred choice despite costing a lot more. Based upon comments in another thread I got from different folks the CM9 was preferred over the PM9 due to cost and appears that way here too.

Does the CM9 have a plastic guide rod? I read the differences between the 2 at the Kahr site and there was no mention of the PM being steel vs plastic on the CM.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have, and really like, a CM9. The guide rod is made of steel, NOT plastic. The two models overlap in design by 90% (are nearly identical), with only a few improved features on the PM9 that are nice, but not necessary, for me. Polygonal rifling instead of standard, slide catch that is machined instead of MIM, dovetailed front sight instead of fixed, and engraved slide rather than roll-stamped. For my wallet, the improvements were not worth the extra $$$, but they are both really fine little guns.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts