Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea on which pistol to purchase next. I want it to be a ccw. I have a xd 45 tactical. I can carry it IWB but I have to be carefule with the grip since its a full size. I was looking at the xd 45 compact. I like 45s because I have 2. But I also like the subcompacts in 9 or a 40. If only thay would make a 45 subcompact I would know what I would get. What do you guys think is the best for ccw with thoughts and exp? And I am not worried about price and availabilaty of ammo. Just all around the best ccw you guys think.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sorry, can't help you. I can't make my mind up between my compact .45, compact 3.8 9mm, and the subcompact 9mm. I have been carrying the 3.8 last two months. I like the 3.8's, had already bought the regular before the subcompacts came out, but, if I were you, I would really check out the compact 3.8.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am going to a gun show this weekend and maybe they will have some. if not ill swing by the gun shop. If I got the 3.8 compact or the xd subcompact I wouldnt know which to get the 9 or the 40 hahaha. If only I had plenty of money I would buy them all LOL

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Lots of options here, mainly a matter of personal preference. I have been carrying the XDM .40 3.8 and it is pretty easy to conceal.
Sags a little, but that is because the belt I am using is crap and the standard CBST clips do not work with my nice Tony Lama belt (kind of upset me, but the problem is the belt style, not the holster).
To answer the question, the all around best one is the one that, in your hands, is the most reliable, the most accurate, and the most comfortable.

Or you could just buy them all :D :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I thought about renting a few at the gun shop and shooting them. But I hate wasting money like that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I picked up the XD9SC because I shot so well with it and couldn't believe it was only a 3" barrel. I will still pick up a XD45 but with ammo costs the XD9SC came first.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've had the same issue. Looked at the subcompacts and then thought about single stacks. I carry a XD .40 service model now. Thinking of actually going with the Ruger LC9. Good luck. I'll just end up buying both.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I will probly get the subcompact then get the compact 45 later. What you guys think 40 or 9mm?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Go with the .40 I have one in subcompact and I love it. Its my do it all gun. My XD9 service just sits in the safe now. Come to think of it I gotta give her a work out next time out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My EDC has been an XD40SC up to now. But I picked up an XD(M) 3.8 in 9mm yesterday and that will be my EDC. I love having the 39 rounds of 9mm available.

I originally wanted the compact version but no one seemed to have it in stock locally. I normally carried the 40 with the extended mag and since the size is about the same I figured the regular 3.8 would be just as easy to carry. That fact and the fact that I sometimes carry my XD(M) .45 so I am used to a larger gun.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with whatever XD/XD(M) you decide on. The main thing is to make sure you always carry,

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
yeah I will probly get the subcompact then get the compact 45 later. What you guys think 40 or 9mm?
No need to beat a dead horse with this one, there are countless threads on here about this very same issue. It all comes down to personal preference.
If you already have another 9/.40, I would say get the same thing so you don't have to start buying and storing yet another size of ammo. Unless you are looking to diversify, nothing wrong with that either.
Personally, I went with an XDM in .40 because of my brother. He had just purchased a G22 and we were going to get into reloading, so I figured it would be easier to have the same caliber as him. That way we are using the same brass, bullets, dies, etc, and we could always share ammo.
You have to look at it from all angles, not just the power vs capacity vs price debates that are so common on here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I have been looking at the xdm 40 compact as well. nice it holds 2 extra in compact mag and like 3 or 4 extra with the mag x tension over the xd. just wondering if the extra 100 bucks is worth the few extra rounds I can carry. I dont know maybe I will find some tomorrow when I go to the gun shops.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah OKcherokee your right. I have thought of that. I have 2 45s and kinda wanted to stick with the 45. just didnt know which was about the easiest to conceal. My tactical can be concealed I just gotta watch out for the grip poking out a little.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
When I got my XDsc, the 3.8 XDMc had not yet come out. "M-Factor" differences aside, I always liked the Feel of the XDM better than the XD, but I wanted something I could both CC easily, as well as use as a range plinker. I didn't like the length of the Full-Sized 3.8 grip, so I went with the XDsc. The XDsc carries nicely, but since the 3.8c came out, I'd been eying the XDMc a lot.

A few weeks ago, I couldn't hold off anymore and traded the XDsc for the XDMc. The extra 0.8" of barrel is not a CC issue, it fits all my old XD holsters (even though people have said that an XDM won't work in an XD holster) and the #1 grip feels so much better in my hand.

As mentioned, it all personal preference as to what feels and works best for YOU.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah before I got my xd tactical I looked at the xdm 4.5 and liked the feel of the xd and didnt see spending the extra 100 bucks when I liked the xd as it was. But I really like 45acp so I will probly get the xd 45 compact.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
XDsc.40 with a Pearce Grip. You'll never look back

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really like the size of the subcompacts. really wish they made a 45 sub. So I guess I will get the 45 compact. Maybe later I will look into the subcompact.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts