Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the Springfield website, the only xdm handgun shown is the 5.25, there is no mention of a 3.8 which I see advertised on other websites. Why is this? Is the 3.8 the same gun only with a shorter barrel? Why is it not listed on Springfield's official website?

This will be my first hand gun purchase. In my research to find the gun that best suits me, I have found the xd, which was shown me by the gun store clerk, fits my hand the best as I have small hands. I tried both the Beretta and Glock 9mm but did not like the feel. I have not fired the Springfield yet, but I definitely like its features and feel. The gun shown me in the store was not the xdm, but a xd subcompact 9mm. Will the feel of the xdm be the same? I am excited about this purchase because at least from the research and holding the gun, it appears to be what I am looking for. I especially like the grip safety feature. As mentioned, my main reason for liking the xd was the slightly narrower in circumference grip. I understand with the xdm you get extra bandstraps to choose from. I am assuming there is one for small hands.

Thanks for any info on my questions.

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
Next to the XDm 5.25 There's a specs tab. click on that then click on the pistol you want to look at.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
This is springfields lineup:

XD 5" tactical, 9,40,45 also available in compact grip
XD 4" service, 9,40,45 some 45s have thumb safety
XD 3" subcompact, 9,40

XDm 4.5" barrel, 9,40,45
XDm 3.8" barrel, 9,40, also available in compact
XDm 5.25" barrel, 9.

They are on springfields website, you were looking in the wrong place.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
127,697 Posts
Let us know what you decide. You can't go wrong with any version, IMO.

·
Premium Member
23,636 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas! XD or XDm you will be making a fine choice.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your new SA pistol...All of them are great...:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The XDm has a slightly more ergonomic grip than the XD, and it comes with three sizes of backstraps you can put on the gun to make it fit even better.

All XD and XDm guns have the 1911 grip angle, which has been shown in some studies to be the best.

Get some training and practice trigger control and you can keep up with any pistol out there with an XDm.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome fellow newbie... Did the gun shop you visited not carry the XDm so you could compare the grips? I was fortunate enough to hold both and I actually liked the feel of the standard XD which is what I ended up purchasing. Like the others have said, you really can't go wrong with either but if you can find a shop that has the XDm you can then compare the two and how they feel specifically to you. Good luck!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Howdy from Texas! Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome!