Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered an XDM 9mm 4.5 Bitone. I was looking at a few online while I wait for mine and started to notice some issues. Some of the pics I look at have the slide with the v-shaped grooves and the 4.5 stamped on the side of the slide. Then I keep looking and find a few with same model number but they have straight grooves like the xd and no 4.5 stamp. What is this about, im afraid I might have ordered the wrong gun.:?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just finished looking at all the pics I could, on the Springfield site, and looking at my 4.5" .45 and 3.8" 9mm. Everything I looked at had the chevron sort of grooves, and no straight grooves...could have been looking at a pistol from another manufacturer?

RJ

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
you have to realize that some people just use old stock photos. If you bought a new gun from a place that keeps new stock then you will get the angled serations.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was an XDM, I actually saw a 40 at scheels the other day that had the straight grooves and no 4.5, I can probably ignore the pics, however seeing one at the store in person makes it a little more real. I dont know for sure I guess it really isn't a huge deal just want the chevron grooves. thanx for the input.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
well I can tell you this much as a fact. My buddy and I both ordered 4.5 9MM last month one in OD and the other a bitone . Both came with the serations you want. From what I've seen/ read the older XDM had straight, but they changed them and the newer ones will have the chevron serations.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok sounds great thank you for taking care of my fears. I truly appreciate it especially since I already ordered it and will be kind of stuck with it once it comes in.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I had the same feelings when I ordered mine. I hoped it would, but wasn't sure. Either way it's a great gun and you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Back before they made the 3.8, they didn't put 4.5 on the gun because it was the only option. When the 3.8 came out, it had different serrations, which eventually migrated to the 4.5.

You can think of what you were seeing in the pics as the XDM 4.5" ver 1 and ver 2 if you want. Same gun, slightly different. There was also a version that had a stamp on top of the slide that said it was the NRA gun of the year. That could be vers 1.1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts