Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just shot my new XD9 for the first time today. I put 500 rounds throught it and was relatively consistent. Tonight I was spending a little time with it and noticed there is a lot more movement of the slide on the frame than
I would expect for a brand new gun. I have a S&W 3914 that I have put over 5000 rounds and it has little if any play in the slide. I'm a little bummed out because this was the first new gun I've purchased in several years and now I'm wondering if it's faulty or just cheap. Any thoughts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
On the S&W it's metal slide to metal frame and they will fit better than metal to polymer/metal on the XD. Overall it's nothing to be concerned about.
I carry a S&W 3913 and although I like it alot, the XDs are much more accurate.
I wouldn't worry about the slight "wiggle", its no big deal. 8)

Shoot safe and enjoy your new XD :p

·
Registered
359 Posts
I echo hobocircus.

Does the "wiggle" happen when you've got the gun unloaded, slide closed?

If so, I'd say that's normal of polymer weapons. I've noticed on my wife's XD and my P99 there is some slight wiggle when unloaded. However, put in a full magazine, load up that chamber, and you've got one tight fitting slide. The barrel lockup seems tighter too. Perhaps it is common of polymer guns to exhibit this characteristic? I'd say don't worry about it. You'll see, if you haven't already, that this slight wiggle doesn't affect the functioning or accuracy of the XD one bit.

-stunks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the little rattle, my XD rattles more than any of my other guns, but I have not had an issue with it and have over 5k through her. I would get concerned in the future, if the rattling get worse. Remember that it has a lifetime warranty. Shoot away!!!!!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
The wiggle doesnt have alot to do with accuracy, its how tight the gun locks up and how good the barrel is fit to the slide. Shoot it and enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts