Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a bladetech paddle holster on the way, and i'm looking for a shirt or someother garmet for concealing the weapon..

all i see is vests, which i would not look good in :) ... soooooo... what are the other options?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'll typically just throw a flannel shirt on and call it done. Of course, I'm also the last remaining remnant of grunge fashion, so it works for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
These are awsome!!! I have one and it is my favorite shirt. They are thick and beefy. They keep you warm and the best part is that they are really long so concealment is no problem at all. They have a fleece linning so the thickness will not let any "gun shapes" (for lack of a better term) show through. trust me once you have one it is all you will want to wear for concealed carry! :D

*** I can't get the link to work, but go to www.woolrich.com > mens clothing >long sleeve shirts > then you will see them, they are called a "shirtjac".

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the link you gave doesn't work... i'm on woolrich's site, ... what is the name of the item you're talking about?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
:roll: oops...i read but didn't comprehend that you said paddle holster...i automatically thought IWB. sorry for the amazingly unhelpful post :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, actually flannel in itself is fine, but it has to be long enough...

i liked the "shirtjac" that packing suggested, the only problem is that i'm warm-blooded, and routinely walk around the house in the winter (thermostat set in the 60's) with t-shirt and shorts.

i think the shirtjac would be too heavy, but i think i might have found another shirt from them (with an even longer back), with out the fleece and whatnot... but if it will print the weapon, i don't know...

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I like the Wrangler denim shirts. The kind welder's wear with the pearly snap buttons. They have a long tail and are real comfortable once they get broke in.

Buy 'em big, they shrink a little.

bd

·
Registered
415 Posts
will not let any "gun shapes" (for lack of a better term) show through
The term is print. I use a wild colored Hawian shirt. Nobody looks at me strange, even in the winter time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hawiian flower print shirts...The louder the colors,the bigger the gun you can hide.CPO shirts work well as do Shirt-Jacs,flannel shirts,denim shirts,just about anything that will cover the gun and keep you within your comfort zone.I could never hide ANY firearm under just a T-shirt.YMMV.tom.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My Galco holds my XD nice and tight, so flannel shirts work for me. I also have a DuPont Racing hoodie extra long, and if OU wins tomorrow night, there will be a good chance of me getting an OU hoodie as well. Those things are so common around here I could carry a bazooka under it and no one would even notice.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I HAVE NO PROBLEM CONCEALING UNDER A X-L T-SHIRT!
A lot of us don't. Now stop yelling.

Of course I need a 2XL because I can hardly conceal my belly button under a XL.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have an extensive collection of "Hawaiian" shirts, several different motifs and such, that go with just about all of the warmer weather conditions in TX. In the colder season, all two or three days, I go with a heavier shirt or jacket.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts