Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting on my ccdw permit, have an LCP with pocket holster already which obviously poses no problem. However my other gun is a full size 45acp XDm, which I would really prefer to carry as my primary. I am 5' 7" amd weigh about 140 lbs so my shirts are obviously loose fitting anyway. I want to get a CBST and wear it at 8 or 10 o' clock (left-handed...). Given my slim frame I think I could pull it off. What do you think? I'd hate to waste 80+ dollars on a holster that doesnt work out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just purchased a Galco KingTuk last weekend and like it alot for my XDm 45. But I got you by 200 pounds :). It seems cojmfortable. I'm sure the CBST would be even more comfortable, but the bottom line is that the 45 is concealed well for me in a similar IWB. I tested it with a T-shirt on and my family didn't notice.

·
Premium Member
14,544 Posts
you'll need a good & sturdy belt.

i'm concealing an xdm .45 4.5", sometimes the .40 in a cbst w/their belt.
i'm bigger than you, 6'3 250 lb, but you can't see it at all. my wife's been checking and she doesn't see it.

a baggy shirt and you should be all set. the thing is damn comfortable.

they do give you a 2 week trial period.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
im 6'2 190 with a relatively thin build and the cbst conceals my 40sc very well. i just have to buy a few longer tshirts bc all of mine have shrunk.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If the CBST is better at concealing than my $10 IWB holster, which I'm pretty sure it is, then you'll be just fine. I'm 6'1" and 205lbs, and my .45 XDm can't be seen by most people when I carry, even when they know I carry.
I'm patiently awaiting my CBST now, and it's GOT to be more comfortable than the cheap thing I use at this point...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love my crossbreed holster, I carry a fullsize XD .40 at the 3:30 or 4 and its awesome, very comfortable, even while driving, I can't even feel it. I'm six three, about two sixty... certainly recommend this holster for anyone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just placed my order for a cbst and there belt as well. Hopefully its worth it. I read post after post about them lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts