Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
[
quote="DJDan"]If he used Rangers it would have only taken one shot for sure. :shock:
Im sure you can stop an M1-A1 tank with one round from a 9mm with a Ranger bullet. Lots of great ammo on the market now. Hard to choose sometimes with all the choices. [/quote]

·
Registered
130 Posts
the man saves a life! Was completely valid use of deadly force and the news says this...

"Police say Moore has been very cooperative and has not been charged with any crime" :? :?

why would he even be considered to be charged with any crime...he saved her life.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Xray Delta said:
the man saves a life! Was completely valid use of deadly force and the news says this...

"Police say Moore has been very cooperative and has not been charged with any crime" :? :?

why would he even be considered to be charged with any crime...he saved her life.
Does anything you see in the media these days surprise you? I'm so sick of these 24 hour news networks trying to make news out of nothing. I can't stand slants they throw in trying to make things more controversial! :evil:

Anyway, there's my rant for the night...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Xray Delta said:

Any death of a human being, at the hand of another IS an homocide. No matter how clearcut it is the authorities MUST investigate and determine whether or not it is justified. If it's pretty clearcut self defense an investigation may take hours or even minutes. If there's anything 'hinky' about it, they'll take a little longer.
Even if it's cut and dried self defense, there has to be some paperwork done to cover all involved in case of a civil suit from the deceased's family.

We had a deputy that capped a guy that pointed a shotgun at him, (after firing several shots at officers). He caught a shotgun slug that hit both of his hands and stopped in his shoulder, the slug kind of ran down the length of his own gun. He lived, and is still in our county jail, but he lost a bunch of fingers, had to have a skin graft on his forearm, and will be deported after his time is up. The SBI had to investigate, as they do all officer involved shootings, and although they said it was a 'good shoot' that night, it still took about 3 weeks before the officer involved was cleared to come back to work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm new at this CCW thing, but doesn't Walmart have a sign outside that disallow carry of concealed firearm into their store?

would Wally World bring charges to Mr. Moore? can they win?

the more I hear about New Orlean, the more I need to work on a CCW!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some stores (those that sell liquor), but not that particular store (no liquor sales).

Wal-Mart can opt to post no guns just cuzz they want to; so far they have not.

·
Registered
164 Posts
wwp512 said:
I'm new at this CCW thing, but doesn't Walmart have a sign outside that disallow carry of concealed firearm into their store?

would Wally World bring charges to Mr. Moore? can they win?
From what I understand, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. doesn't have any policy over CCW. The one where I work at had signs posted a year or two ago but have since been taken down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I called the mgr at the Wal-Mart where the seld defense shooting took place and asked her what Wal-Mart's legal CCW policy was. She said she couldn't say (!?) referred me to the national office.

I emailed and called them; I'm still waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kinda... on page 10 is a link to another thread where the the guy who started the original thread about being thrown out of a store for open carry says he got an apology from Wal-Mart and says the local stores follow the local laws.

If your local law allows open carry, so does Wal-Mart. If your local law allows CCW, so does Wal-Mart.

Our NM law allows open/CCW if the business is not licensed to dispense liquor. So does Wal-Mart. So far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts