Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my apologies if this has been asked before. This is my first time posting here.

I have a Springfield XD9 SC, and I just applied for my CCW (Should be here in a week or 2). I really prefer the extended mag for comfort and round capacity, but the compact mag is far easier to conceal. Does anyone here conceal this with the extended mag?

I think I'm going to still use the extended mag, and sacrifice a little printing. Am I crazy?

Edit: Using IWB 4 o'clock carry

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If the flush mag doesn't allow you to get a solid enough grip, look into a Pearce extension. Allows for a full grip without adding much bulk to the gun.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
To combine what Cuda and Fatal said, I added a Pearce grip extension to my XDS flush mag and it makes all the difference. I carry with that one in the gun and an extended mag in a mag holster. So with either one, I can get a full grip on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To combine what Cuda and Fatal said, I added a Pearce grip extension to my XDS flush mag and it makes all the difference. I carry with that one in the gun and an extended mag in a mag holster. So with either one, I can get a full grip on it.
Awesome. Thank you guys a ton for the advice!

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Carry with the flush, and carry the extended as a backup.
If the flush mag doesn't allow you to get a solid enough grip, look into a Pearce extension. Allows for a full grip without adding much bulk to the gun.
Yeah, what they said. Seriously though, I carry with the combined quotes. Thanks for saving me the typing fellas!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Every person has a different definition of what "printing" is.

The only thing that really matters, Jalew27, is whether your state/locale has laws that specifically penalize "printing," and in that case, you should first consider their criteria as your lowest-common-denominator.

Your way of dress (not just the size of clothing you wear, but also its drape/cut as well as visual patterning) combined with both how your support gear positions that gun and how all of this interacts in a way that is unique to your unique body-build simply means that just how well you may conceal XYZ setup can be very, very different from any other person here.

The best thing to do?

Buy a quality belt to start off with, along with a quality holster that allows some degree of adjustment - and then take a look at just how much you may "print" in a mirror. Remember to sit/bend/twist a little, too, to mimic the motions that you will undertake in your daily life, and see what happens played off of those unique factors that I've listed above.

From there, take a dynamic training class that specialize in civilian concealed carry. This will show you any deficiencies in your final setup, and will allow you the opportunity to safely remediate, live, while under the care of an instructor whose vested is you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
First off, my apologies if this has been asked before. This is my first time posting here.

I have a Springfield XD9 SC, and I just applied for my CCW (Should be here in a week or 2). I really prefer the extended mag for comfort and round capacity, but the compact mag is far easier to conceal. Does anyone here conceal this with the extended mag?

I think I'm going to still use the extended mag, and sacrifice a little printing. Am I crazy?

Edit: Using IWB 4 o'clock carry
If you're going to carry with the extended magazine, you may as well carry the "service" size.

Pearce pinky extension
Don't care for them, myself. They make the grip longer, yes. But more prone to printing, and without the extra capacity.

·
Registered
67 Posts
before you add a pearce I would add some type of grip tape talon or whatever. I've found it makes,a ton of difference with the two finger grips.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I have two different compacts that I carry, the XDMc in 9mm, and the S&W M&P9c ...... and I do as earlier posters mention. Carry with the gun in an IWB holster with the flush mag inserted, and either the extended mag, or another flush mag in pocket or belt mag pouch.

IMO, the two different compacts do a great job of disappearing in a good quality iwb holster and belt set-up.

Will also agree, that if you can find a way to hide the gun with the extended mag, then wow...... just run with a full size / service size semi-auto!! .... For my build and dress, no way I could do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts