Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question on businesses that have a "No Weapons" sticker...

I am looking for a sticker that specifically say "ONLY Concealed weapons allowed" maybe with a green circle and a green slash line across it (meaning read the words *******)...in NC we can open carry but lots of stores wont allow that and have a "No weapons" sign...although I would rather just go somewhere else and not spend my money there it leaves me to wonder if it was just on the door when they leased the space...so I was going to ask and offer up a better alternative since CCW is much more prevalent now...anyone know of a sticker that says "Only concealed" and do I need to contact the Sheriff to see if that will still prohibit open carry?...would that also allow the business to prosecute for illegal concealed as a felony if someone tried to rob them?

Kind of off the wall issue but someone has to start somewhere...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Question on businesses that have a "No Weapons" sticker...

I am looking for a sticker that specifically say "ONLY Concealed weapons allowed" maybe with a green circle and a green slash line across it (meaning read the words *******)...in NC we can open carry but lots of stores wont allow that and have a "No weapons" sign...although I would rather just go somewhere else and not spend my money there it leaves me to wonder if it was just on the door when they leased the space...so I was going to ask and offer up a better alternative since CCW is much more prevalent now...anyone know of a sticker that says "Only concealed" and do I need to contact the Sheriff to see if that will still prohibit open carry?...would that also allow the business to prosecute for illegal concealed as a felony if someone tried to rob them?

Kind of off the wall issue but someone has to start somewhere...
Can any sign in NC have the force of law to restrict open carry, the signage language falls under GS-14-415.11(c8.) but that language expressly states "concealed handgun." So a sheriff or business owner would have the right to have a person removed from property only under trespassing laws, meaning if told to leave you must leave, only then can be arrested. As for the whole robbery felony question, stores do not make that decisions the District Attorney does, in criminal court charges are brought by the state not the business.

You need a lot more information and knowledge on this subject before engaging in this type of campaign. Perhaps contacting Grass Roots NC, will help you sort out inaccuracies, so as not to make yourself look foolish and give yourself the best chance for the success you are looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chb119...that is great advice and a perfect place to get help...I will get in touch with them now...

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can check out the sign the Warren Theater group uses to prevent open carry in it theaters on the ksccw.com website at

ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=51671&highlight=Warren+Theaters+notice+sign

but I believe you will need to sign up as a member to get access, it's free though. Sorry I don't have enough posts yet to add pictures or links.

The source for the picture is stored at here just in case you don't feel like joining

s210.photobucket.com/user/p51mustang36/media/Warrennotice_zpsbb5692e1.jpg.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts