Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Have weapon unloaded before entering their doors. They tend to frown when you unload in front of them.
So out in your vehicle, drop the mag, rack slide several times to clear weapon, put magazine and extra round in your pocket. You do not have to tell them about the loaded magazine and ammo in pocket.

When you get to the door, they usually ask if you have any weapons, say yes, and show them a Clear and Safe weapon, they will put a plastic strap though it, hand it back to you, then Re-holster weapon, enter gun show.
When leaving, on way out by the doors, there will be a check booth, have them cut the strap, then re-holster, get out to vehicle and reload Safely.

Pretty simple.

Have Fun!

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question but why take in an unloaded gun?

·
Registered
481 Posts
many shows will allow people to ccw in them, if they do allow it, you DONT tell them your going to carry there, that would be pointless. I always find out the rules ahead of time before I go.

Normally you only check,clear, and have them put a strap on the weapon if your going to carry it around and try to sell it. Theres no reason to take it in if your just gonna clear your ccw gun and walk around with it unloaded...

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
OP, you might want to contact the show organizers. The first PDF has a section that states that vendors cannot have ammo in magazines, so I'm assuming that this might also apply to attendees. Also, if you look at the second PDF, it looks like all vendor firearms have to be zip tied. Once again, I assume that this might apply to attendees also, but you should confirm.

http://www.hgca.org/pdf/VendorAmmunitionRules.pdf

http://www.hgca.org/pdf/TiedGunsandAmmo.pdf

No ammunition is to be placed in any firearm, clip or belt at any time during the show

·
Registered
205 Posts
The only place near me that hosts gun shows is considered to be a sports arena. Sports arenas and stadiums are a no no for CCW in Michigan at least for the time being.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question but why take in an unloaded gun?
many shows will allow people to ccw in them, if they do allow it, you DONT tell them your going to carry there, that would be pointless. I always find out the rules ahead of time before I go.

Normally you only check,clear, and have them put a strap on the weapon if your going to carry it around and try to sell it. Theres no reason to take it in if your just gonna clear your ccw gun and walk around with it unloaded...

I take mine in because I never leave my firearm in a vehicle. My dad had his truck stolen with all of our guns, since then I don't leave any firearm in a vehicle, period. I respect the gun show rules and let them know I am carrying so they can zip tie it. If someone breaks into my vehicle while i'm in the gun show, I don't have to worry about losing my firearm.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I've been wanded at some gun shows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here in Ga you can get in trouble for bringing in ammo. But once you get into the gun show you can buy ammo and walk all around the gun show with ammo in hand....WTF....I know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just went to one in NY. Left ammo in, left it in my IWB, and walked around the show. Nobody knew any different.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Even though some show sponsors will allow concealed carry, many venues are public arenas that are "No concealed weapons" posted. Be VERY careful of your law there.

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Concealed carry is not permitted at any of the gun shows in this area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here in Ga you can get in trouble for bringing in ammo. But once you get into the gun show you can buy ammo and walk all around the gun show with ammo in hand....WTF....I know.
It's like bringing your own food to a movie theater. They want you to buy what's there, not bring your own !?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Wtf. I have never heard of any of this. I ccw everywhere, and a gun show is no different. I have only lived in free states, so maybe I'm just sheltered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts