Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My first post here and I'm thinking about defecting from my usual carry which is a G19/CTAC at around 5:00-5:30. I've been a Glock fan for a long time, but I'm disappointed in where they have taken what used to be my favorite pistol so I'm considering something different.

I really like the 3.8" 9mm with the full sized grip with 19+1 capacity. I like it a lot. My concern is how hard is that grip to hide? It is 0.6" longer. Also how does this model compare width wise to a G19?

The couple of XDM 3.8"'s I've handled seem nice and the grip safety didn't bother me at all.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just an opinion but have you thought about getting the compact and rocking the extended mag or the regular mag with pearce grips. That way it will conceal better for you.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The grip is long, but it's certainly doable. I currently carry an XDsc, but am switching to the XDM compact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Just an opinion but have you thought about getting the compact and rocking the extended mag or the regular mag with pearce grips. That way it will conceal better for you.
I have, but I prefer a full handed grip where none of the grip is part of the magazine. With that said, it would be frustrating to find it isn't concealable enough and have no option of reducing the grip size...

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I had an XDM 3.8 9mm on order but ended up with a G19...main reason was for me, the G19 is easier to conceal due to the shorter grip. It's also lighter as well, another plus. Hard to beat that 19+1 but the G19 was hard to beat for me. I carry my XD9sc as well with the full 16 round magazine and it's still not as concealable as my 19.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I conceal my XDm 4.5" .40 just fine, so the XDm 3.8" 9mm shouldn't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I carry my XD-45 Service Model (4") concealed daily. No problem. I carry it in either a CompTac MTAC or a Crossbreed SuperTuck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts