Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a state that has open and conceal carry - My question is what does it matter if you can see the bulge of the gun under your shirt if you can carry it either way? Maybe the wind may blow up your shirt and the gun will be exposed.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Imo. The difference is not being the first target if someone decides to go on a rampage or rob a store you are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
Short answer: it doesn't.

Most people aren't going to even see it; and since guys are wearing so much stuff on their belt nowadays anyway, if they see a bulge they're gonna think it's a phone, or some other piece of crap on the chandelier o' gear.

I don't sweat it. And I think it's more than a bit paranoid to think you'll be singled out for a bulge.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Short answer: it doesn't.

Most people aren't going to even see it; and since guys are wearing so much stuff on their belt nowadays anyway, if they see a bulge they're gonna think it's a phone, or some other piece of crap on the chandelier o' gear.

I don't sweat it. And I think it's more than a bit paranoid to think you'll be singled out for a bulge.
That depends on where the "bulge" is!

·
Registered
508 Posts
When I started carrying I sweated being spotted pretty hard. Nowadays, not so much. I keep it covered in church and always touch my shirt before I go into the bank. Beyond that it's neither here nor there if it's completely covered. Somehow OC is a right they haven't trampled here in CO.......yet.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Im so jealous of you people that live in an open carry state...

We can't do it down here... Wouldn't want to scare the European sheep that come to visit..

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I live in a state that has open and conceal carry - My question is what does it matter if you can see the bulge of the gun under your shirt if you can carry it either way? Maybe the wind may blow up your shirt and the gun will be exposed.
Won't matter a bit, other than someone knowing you now carry a firearm. I would only carry concealed, I don't want anybody knowing my buisness!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yesterday I OCd a stainless 5" 1911 that barely got a glance. (It's okay though because I was concealing at the same time for protection against getting "targeted first").
:lol: :lol:

I tend to CC but don't stress about wind or whatever.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Here in MN it's simply a permit to carry a handgun. Open or concealed, it doesn't matter, as long as it's a handgun and you're not in a location/establishment where it's prohibited in accordance with state or federal law. So technically you could carry an AR pistol in a bandolier and it would be perfectly legal. Not that I'm advising it, but I wonder what kind of looks a person would get if they did so.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I to live in a state that is very gun friendly and allows open carry with no license or concealed carry with a license. I have the license and am fairly new to actually carrying a gun with me in my daily business. I have always carried concealed in the short time I have been carrying but am getting less concerned about keeping my gun hidden and more concerned about making sure that it is comfortable to wear so that I actually have it if and when I would ever need it. If you have the option of open vs. concealed carry do whatever fits your lifestyle best. The main thing to carry anywhere and everywhere it is legal to do so.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Here in MN it's simply a permit to carry a handgun. Open or concealed, it doesn't matter, as long as it's a handgun and you're not in a location/establishment where it's prohibited in accordance with state or federal law. So technically you could carry an AR pistol in a bandolier and it would be perfectly legal. Not that I'm advising it, but I wonder what kind of looks a person would get if they did so.
^Sounds exactly like PA's law

Won't matter a bit, other than someone knowing you now carry a firearm. I would only carry concealed, I don't want anybody knowing my buisness!
In Texas you're limited to concealed only aren't you? I don't think you're even permitted to print...

·
Registered
205 Posts
^Sounds exactly like PA's law

In Texas you're limited to concealed only aren't you? I don't think you're even permitted to print...

This just recently got a little better. Printing won't get you in trouble anymore unless it's obviously intentional.

·
Banned
5,131 Posts
This just recently got a little better. Printing won't get you in trouble anymore unless it's obviously intentional.
It's always been a non-issue if it's not intentional. They had to Barney style the law because some idiots couldn't get it through their thick skulls with the old wording.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I open carry quite a bit along with many other locals because of our bear population. Even in town big coastal brown bears wander through.
That said, most people seem to behave themselves in public, you just assume everyone has protection.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts