Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CHL and years ago carried a G19, refresh my memory please, how feasible to carry concealed a XD9 service model?
Thanks to all replies.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have a CHL and years ago carried a G19, refresh my memory please, how feasible to carry concealed a XD9 service model?
Thanks to all replies.
I carry mine in a Don Hume leather holser lots of times , even today . Its an outer-waistband holster.

·
Premium Member
127,076 Posts
Thanks to all replies.

It all depends on your build.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Grip on the service is the hardest part to conceal; barrell is no problem. Could always chop the grip to the size of a sub compact if it is a problem. Sure wish I had done that to my .40 service; it sure was sweet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also used to carry mine in a Don Hume IWB, until I got the 9sc. The 9sc is easier, but the 8 wasn't bad at all. The only really bad part was sitting in a car.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm still shopping for a new carry gun while waiting for my CCW permit to arrive. In the meantime, I already bought a Fobus paddle holster for OWB carry. Very comfortable.

I keep looking at guns (in 9mm and .40) a bit more compact than my XD-9 Service, but not subcompacts, as they just don't feel right in my hand.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'm 5'8 165lbs and conceal carry an xd9 service everyday
1)a good gun belt that supports not a cheap wal mart belt it isnt strong enough and gives too much allowing the holster to move around too much
2)a good quality IWB or OWB holster I usually only use the OWB in coat weather as it prints too much otherwise at least with blackhawk leather cqc holster i have.
3)if using a IWB holster 1 size larger on pants and shorts,shirts just depends on what you normally wear if it's looser polos or larger t-shirts it should work.

just try and see what works for you as far as the shirts go and where to carry i usually carry at about 3:30-4:00 o'clock to keep the grip as close to my side as possible at a foward angle if your holster is adjustable

·
Registered
188 Posts
6'1" 185 and carry my XD9 Service everyday in its Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB. Yes, the grip is going to be the only trouble, if at all.

I wear the gun with the slide just slightly behind 3 o'clock (lefty) and the bottom of the grip extends just to my back so that if I lean over it finally "prints". I can wear it for extended sitting periods and in my car that has "performance" type seats that provide a little more support. No issues. Never been "made", even by my wife and I know she's checking me out all the time. :rolleyes:

Make sure, though, you've got a sturdy belt; a fully loaded, 16+1, XD9 weighs a bit.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
What about a XD-9 Tactical 5"? I'm 6'1" hopefully that helps conceal this massage beast. I don't have my CHL or CCL or CPL yet.
only difference between the service and tactical is the length of the barrel and is not the concern until you start trying to pull out 10'' desert eagles and 500 s&w's and bfg's like that in the xd the grip is the same size thats the part to work on concealing. unless in a shoulder rig or something like that even then not much difference. you should be fine just work on concealing that grip

1 - 20 of 26 Posts