Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished stripping my xd40 down to the last spring. I was amazed how much residue has built up after only 1000 rounds. I highly recommend to anyone that hasn't already tried disassembling their xd to do it. You'll at the very least gain a better knowledge your gun.

Question: Is there an EASY way to re-assemble the magazine lock assembly. That F#[email protected] spring took me 45 minutes to get back into place. Any tips would greatly be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,705 Posts
Damn, when I read the title of this thread, I couldn't click on it fast enough. Then I discovered it only has to do with stripping a gun. Gee whiz, don't get my heart pumping like that; I'm not a 21yr old anymore! :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
My only problem is.. If I break it all the way down.. I probably wont be able to re assemble it, so for now I gotta go with the simple breakdown to clean :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a search. Searches are crap!

You type in magazine, mag, mag button, and you get over 1000 results. Anytime someone types mag it pulls that post. 1000 posts with 20-30 sub posts, thats a lot of reading.

I love that!

People that know the answers to questions and rather than answer it they tell you to search. Specially coming from you ajames. You have over 3100 posts, detailed illustrated instructions on how to disassemble an xd and you tell me to search.

By the way, the instructions were great.........but, you left out the part about the MAG RELEASE BUTTON :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
A. If you know how to search it does work.

B. He did not tell you to search, he told you where to go. Do you want him to retype long detailed instruction everytime some asshat asks?

C. Don't make us Ohioans look like asses.
:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Nickle1,

Ajames gave you the answer you were looking for.. I guess he just figured you would be able to make an effort to look for it.

On the main page of the message board, third forum from the top.. INFORMATION>>Latest hs2000 & sa/xd faq

the thread is titled: mag release reassembly info (he used this clever name just to make it hard for newbies! that bastard! LOL)

So, if you click on the link I provided (the highlighted text in the sentence above) it will take you directly to the thread.

You are welcome, and I think the least you could do is apologize to AJames for being so rude. He gave you the help you wanted, and asked for nothing in return.

Raymond
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
Captain Ray said:
Nickle1,

Ajames gave you the answer you were looking for.. I guess he just figured you would be able to make an effort to look for it.

On the main page of the message board, third forum from the top.. INFORMATION>>Latest hs2000 & sa/xd faq

the thread is titled: mag release reassembly info (he used this clever name just to make it hard for newbies! that bastard! LOL)

So, if you click on the link I provided (the highlighted text in the sentence above) it will take you directly to the thread.

You are welcome, and I think the least you could do is apologize to AJames for being so rude. He gave you the help you wanted, and asked for nothing in return.

Raymond
Yes OPEN your EYES!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
what a bunch of babies
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,959 Posts
I dont think I have ever told any one to do a search, infact I usually tell people to go ahead and ask any way and not worry about what the butholes say about doing searches. eventually someone will post the answer. I put my recomendation on how to do it in the FAQ section since it is an FAQ as posted the title its eaiser to find that way. That particular user had the exact same question as you. Basically I did the search for you.

And by the way a lesson on the search, type in:
mag button

then use the option: Search for all terms

you get 32 results the same thread I recomended you read is about number 19 from the top.



Oh I left out the button hoping people would not do it, since it is hard to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I don't know whether it is my stupid computer or what but when I go to
www.xd-hs2000.com and try to pull up the field strip instructions I am getting a blank page with field strip typed at the top. Has anyone else had this problem? On other links such as the slide disassembly the page comes up fine. What gives? :evil: :evil: :?: TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
pd40 said:
My only problem is.. If I break it all the way down.. I probably wont be able to re assemble it, so for now I gotta go with the simple breakdown to clean :(
When I attempt this, I'm going to take pictures with my digital camera every step of the way.

WyoBob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
So you can remember what it looked like back when it was together :lol:

When I was 16 I learned how to detail an 1911, which Dad couldn't do and He was at the range when I went down to use thier cleaning tank. Dad didn't know I did the another one the day before and asked what was in the box I was holding.

I showed Him his 1911 in tiny pieces, He said I hope you know how to put this back together, I was being a smart ass and said I hoped you would help, he was about to blow up when the range officer laughing told him the other one was firing ,I knew what I was doing.

I haven't had the need to do myXD yet but it has a lot more parts so you can bet I read everything twice, so if I miss something and ask a dumb question,don't shoot just point me the right way :lol:

Hell I could do the same with my m-16 full auto that no one shot but me, it was nice growing up in the Air Force, when your in good with the range officer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Nothing like getting in with the gunner/range officer whatever service or base you're on. Those guys know so much about small arms it's scary. I know now what I should have done in the military.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I liked the Seabees too, I was issued two AR-15's both full auto and one with a 203 launcher, Now if I could have talked them in to letting me fire the 203 more than twice a year for 12 rounds,

No kick and big boom down range :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
jeep2919 said:
A. If you know how to search it does work.

B. He did not tell you to search, he told you where to go. Do you want him to retype long detailed instruction everytime some asshat asks?

C. Don't make us Ohioans look like asses.
:wink:

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,705 Posts
omreb, I went to the link you posted and put the cursor on field strip and on the other selections; worked fine on each one. Must be your computer, use your XD and shoot it. :D Seriously, good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
note to self: never, ever, ever again remove the grip safety pin. it took me 2 hours to figure out exactly how the spring fits back in the grip safety part, another 2 hours to get the grip safety with pin secured back into the frame, and another two hours getting the thumb rest pin in and past that flat spot on the spring. the older i get, the more i realize how much with the right tools you can fix anything...

dn
cincinnati, oh
xd40
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mst3kguy said:
note to self: never, ever, ever again remove the grip safety pin. it took me 2 hours to figure out exactly how the spring fits back in the grip safety part, another 2 hours to get the grip safety with pin secured back into the frame, and another two hours getting the thumb rest pin in and past that flat spot on the spring. the older i get, the more i realize how much with the right tools you can fix anything...

dn
cincinnati, oh
xd40
It gets easier everytime you do it. Did you try the magazine release? Think the grip saftey was tricky, the mag button is a whore :!:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top