Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody seen this yet?

AR15.COM :: Forums :: GROUP BUY STAG/CMT M-4 RIFLE KIT LESS STRIPPED LOWER $599 shipped OFFERED TO ELECTION DAY

I was all set to not buy an AR before the election, but for 600 bucks...hell..I might be persuaded!

Has anybody bought one of these? How hard would it be to assemble the lower? I have taken 1911s apart and re-assembled...any harder than that?

I am guessing that the upper is 100% reay to go...right? Minus my already purchased Stag lower.

I had looked into Stag ARs at one time and really liked what they offered...this seems like a hell of a deal for, esentially, a complete basic Stag M4. The cheapest I ca find a complete Stag Model 2 AR locally, is about 775 bucks plus tax.

So AR gurus...is there something wrong with this kit, if all you want is a basic AR blaster?

Thanks in advance...but I might be joining the Black Rifle gang earlier than I thought! I bought this Stag lower just to mothball away...but I think I'll build on it.

- Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
If you've disassembled a 1911, I'm sure you can handle this.

There is plentiful instruction in the stickies--quite valuable, in fact. I assembled mine this summer, and I was quite surprised at how readily it all came together. I studied the materials, laid out the parts like the diagrams, made sure I had everything, then it took an hour, perhaps, to get it all assembled. And that's because it was the first time and I took my time.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Cheaper than dirt has CMMG kits for around the same price, or $100.00 more, I forget, my catalog is @ home.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
+1 on CMMG
they are the only rifles i build.

but building a kit is EASY as long as your not retarded. lots of good guides on ar15.com

a just got my third ar15 cmmg lower yesterday for my third build

i will never buy a complete rifle unless its a VERY good deal.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also...the 599 dollars is a shipped price. Another savings.

I noticed that some places out of state might save me a litle on not having to pay state sales tax, but their shipping cost puts that expense right back in and its a wash.

Yeah...I think building is the way to go...unless some insanely cheap personal sale comes up...but I am not seeing those as we get closer to the election. LOL

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thats an excellent deal, he Pete in NH is almost always the cheapest and includes shipping in his price.

now for the only draw back when dealing with Pete he rarely stocks any of this stuff and actually places his order for it after you pay and then has it drop shipped to you which results in a longer wait for it to get in your hands normally 10-15 days

the upper alone is worth $500+ and comes with the MI sight already from the factory

stag LPK is $65 and the stock kit is about another $75 add another $115 for a stag stripped lower and you have a complete stag model 2 for less than $750. full retail is right around $900

do a search for Stag model 2 and decide for yourself if its a good price.

i Have a Model 2T that cost me less than $1k buy buying it in parts and putting it together.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That's a bitchin' deal!

I wasn't planning on getting another "evil" black rifle for a while but this is too hard to pass up.

I'm going to order 1 for me and 1 for my brother.

Thanks for posting this up, I don't venture over to arf.com too much and probably would have missed this.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just purchased this kit a few weeks ago...
I took it to the range for the first time 2weeks ago, no complaints from me!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just checked my CTD magazine, $599.97 + shipping.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Just checked my CTD magazine, $599.97 + shipping.
if they actually have it in stock and are not drop shipping it I would rather pay the shipping and get it in a few days than wait 2 weeks for delivery,

I actually ordered my 2HT upper from riflegear.com because they had it in stock. ordered it July 3 received it July 8th take out the holiday and weekend and my turn around time was only 2 days. I actually received confirmation from UPS that it was in transit within 4 hours of ordering.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Looks like I may have to try to convince my wife to let me get one, that could be interesting she just let me get a handgun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts