Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello XDtalk members,

I recently picked up a DC16 PWS mk116 upper receiver. I am now in a market for a good lower. Does Anybody have some recommendations on a good fully built our partially built lower setup? Also opinions on building a lower from particular brand receiver?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
BCM has great complete lower receivers if you can find one, Spikes is supposed to be pretty nice, LMT, Rock River Arms...there are a few.

·
Registered
137 Posts
^^^ Like he said Spikes or RRA.... Build the lower from scratch

·
Registered
780 Posts
BCM has great complete lower receivers if you can find one, Spikes is supposed to be pretty nice, LMT, Rock River Arms...there are a few.
I'd go with the BCM but the others are good too...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Spikes or Palmetto State Armory. Both are manufactured by Aero and are of great quality. I would recommend a stripped lower and do the install yourself. It isn't difficult and is very rewarding.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Spikes or Palmetto State Armory. Both are manufactured by Aero and are of great quality. I would recommend a stripped lower and do the install yourself. It isn't difficult and is very rewarding.
This^ I got a Spikes that I built, great fit and finish. The next one that I build will be from Palmetto, great prices and I haven't heard anything negative about them. You can get a complete lower from them, but I say to build it yourself, it will be a few bucks cheaper and you can decided what exactly you want as far as LPK, stock, buffer, etc.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Any of them.

Unless you plan to run a LL or DIAS. If that's the case, you'll need a low shelf.

Other than that, just pick one and go with it. They're all pretty much the same except the engraving on the side.

There are probably close to 2 dozen brands out there right now.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
PSA, Spikes, RRA, Bravo Company ... hard to go wrong with any of them for a complete lower.

Not sure what you'll be using the rifle for but I'm in the midst of an experiment with the Plum Crazy complete polymer lower. I know there are a number of "purists" on various forums that don't like the poly lowers, but I figure if a poly frame is good enough for a 10mm pistol it's worth a try for a 5.56 rifle.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Hello XDtalk members,

I recently picked up a DC16 PWS mk116 upper receiver. I am now in a market for a good lower. Does Anybody have some recommendations on a good fully built our partially built lower setup? Also opinions on building a lower from particular brand receiver?

Thanks.

These are very good and have a good trigger. I have one and am very satisfied.

AGP Arms Forged Lower Receiver Complete - AGP Arms, Inc. Store

don

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Another thumbs up to BCM. G&R Tactical frequently (when in stock)has a great deal on blemished complete BCM lowers. I have yet to find the blemish on the BCM lower of my 6.8SPC rifle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts