Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any info on this forum that will go through the disassembly procedure? I'm gonna have the slide refinised and I want to have the take down lever and slide release done at this time. I just want to ship these parts and not the whole gun. Thanks.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Old Dominion said:
Is there any info on this forum that will go through the disassembly procedure? I'm gonna have the slide refinised and I want to have the take down lever and slide release done at this time. I just want to ship these parts and not the whole gun. Thanks.
Any good refinisher will break the slide down refinish it and put it back together for you.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The take down lever and the slide lock are on the frame.. so if you want to save a little money on shipping, you will need to take those out. The good news is, that it is super easy! The locking block slides out of there no problemo', that will give you easy access to the take down lever, and the slide lock will just lift out of there.

Since you've gone that far, you may as well take the trigger off.. that is just as easy as the locking block, and get that looking snappy.. and what the heck, take down the rear assembly while your at it and have em' do the grip safety! (The rear assembly is a little tricky, but the directions in the link above are pretty straight forward.. you should have no problems.)

Good luck, and post pics!

Raymond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts