Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings all...

I have been shooting IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, and variants of the three for some time now, and after talking with several of the top shooters, it appears that when they load their own they "squib" them down to just barely making major power...

I am speaking specifically about .40 caliber...

I shoot the tactical in the "run-&-gun" matches and te service in IDPA cause that's what I carry....

does anyone have a reduced power recipe that I can try?
I have just purchased 1000 rnds of 155gr bullets from precisionbullets.com and am interested in trying some new loads... any and all help is greatly appreciated.....

I tried over at brianenos.com and hve received no reply....

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It really depends on what division you're shooting in IPSC. The powder floor for IDPA is 120, so there's no reason to shoot a major power factor if you're not shooting CDP or ESR. 120PF @ 155gr = 774fps. 165PF @ 155gr = 1064fps.

You can go for about 800 if shooting IDPA or Production, that'll give you a good little cushion to play with when the weather conditions change or if you're powder measure cuts you just a tad bit short on a charge.

You shouldn't even need to post on BE's forums, there's more than enough information there. Just search for it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The Power Factor in Stock Service Pistol, Enhanced Service Pistol and Stock Service Revolver in IDPA is 125k. Thus, a 155 gn bullet would have to chrono at 807 fps at 10 feet from the gun muzzle. If you wanted to use the .40 in Enhanced Service Revolver (moon clip revolver), where the PF is 165k, you'd need a velocity of 1065 fps.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
When did IDPA move to 125 from 120?

Oh well.

Remember the process for IDPA is different than USPSA. USPSA must make PF out of your gun, IDPA must make it out of the longest barrel available for the class. In respect, you can use something that makes 115PF from your XD Sub just as long as it makes 125 out of a tactical.

And they call IDPA "practical" and "non-gamer" :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts