Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some info on competition gun belts. I've started competition shooting and am in need of a gun belt. Right now I am leaning toward the safariland 4350, but not 100% on this belt. What belts do you competitive shooters use and why do you like them?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
A two piece belt is pretty simple, and far more comfortable than the old fashioned kind. It basically works like this.

You have an inner belt, which you put on just like a normal belt, slipping it through your belt loops, etc. It's usually a nylon belt, and it will have a strip of velcro all around the outside. That's the key, because that's what holds the outer belt in place. The outer belt will have a strip of velcro around the inside, so once the inner belt is on, you just "stick" the outer belt to the inner belt, and you're all set.

There are several nice things about a system like this. One, you don't have any belt loops in the way of attaching things to the outer belt, since it's not going through your beltloops. So you can put your holster, mag pouches, etc anyplace on the belt you want. Additionally, the velcro locks them in place better than just letting them slide around on a regular belt. And when you're done at the end of the day, you don't need to remove all that stuff from your belt, just peel off the outer belt with all your holsters and stuff still on it, and put it away just like that, ready for the next time.

Make sense?

Scott

·
Registered
688 Posts
I also use a CR belt.

Scott, Very good discription !!!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I too use an instructors 1.5 belt

·
Registered
435 Posts
CR speed hee also. I see it a lot on other shooter too. 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts