Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Springer Conpensator and threaded barrel, can someone tell me what it takes to install the compensator on the threaded barrel? I'm new to compensators and am a little concerned that it will rattle loose if I don't install correctly. I see a lot of post about red loctite, but I am conerned heat could cause that to turn loose. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Probably the best solution would be to contact Springer for their recommendations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok! So the springer compensator and threaded barrel from PistoGear.com. There were no instructions for either. The Barrel said semi drop in, I held it up to the factory barrel and they were practically dentical so I popped it in and it fits perfect. I hand racked a dozen rounds with not problems. The Compensator didn't have instructon but I e-mailed springer and was told to close the slide thread the compensator on until tight, then back it off to line it up with the slide. I used red loctite from an autoparts store as instructed by Springer. The compensator is tight and a pretty good fit I'm sure and extra few hundred at a gunsmith would have net me a flawless fit but I'm very pleased with the fit as is. Now to get it to the range and determine which reduced recoil spring will 14# or 16# will it require? Also time to upgrade the sigts. I'm thinking iron peep over red dot, this way I can carry without worrying about dead batteries.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the same setup for my 9mm Open Race gun.

Are you planing on using this setup for a carry gun?

I also used the red locktite and it works pretty good if you use it sparingly, if you put to much on, you will need to heat up the comp to loosen it.

What are you planing to use for loads?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts