Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
EFK is currently working on conversion barrels for the XDSC. I am sure they will release ported barrel at some point, within the next 90 days or so. That would be the only option I am aware of.

Old School

·
Registered
125 Posts
You need to remember that the compensator is going to protrude from the end of the gun and make it markedly longer. Probably at least 1 to 2 inches. That means a possibility of a new holster being purchased. It will also make it quite a bit louder, maybe. Usually they do make the bark get louder, sometimes though you can get lucky and they will not affect the sound too much. You will also have to deal with the associated spray of fire and lead, dirt shavings coming out the ports. I have the XD9SC myself and don't really feel like it needs the compensator. Especially considering some of the downsides of dealing with one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew it would make it a little longer, but didn't think about the noise increase (possibly) and the side spraying. Thanks for the thoughts.

Does the compensator decrease the kick at all? Kick isn't a major concern with a 9mm, but it does effect my next shot when rapid firing. I was thinking of decreasing the kick a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts