Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most recent fly over at Canyon Creek has pictures of a working comped XD-9. As soon as the photo's are de-classified I'll post them.
Rich

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Always good to have friends in high places!!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
This would eally give the Open Classed Glocks a run for their money! Someone needs to start making some true high-cap mags for the XD so that it can compete. Maybe someone can TIG weld 2 halves together to get a working 170 mm big stick.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
This would eally give the Open Classed Glocks a run for their money! Someone needs to start making some true high-cap mags for the XD so that it can compete. Maybe someone can TIG weld 2 halves together to get a working 170 mm big stick.
Seems I have seen pro mag 40-20's and 9mm-30's some where

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
R/T Performance said:
ichy_trigger said:
Seems I have seen pro mag 40-20's and 9mm-30's some where
Maybe I should have said GOOD magazines...lol What are the lengths of the Pro Mags???? Ive alwas thought you could take a threaded barrel and make a comp for an XD fairly easily. I was going to do it on my wifes gun but she decided to go back to production..oh well. Glad someone finally did it.

I still think one could make a drop-in trigger enhancement kit but it would be a costly investment to get it going. Maybe if the XD catches on as much as Glock in the shooting sports (on its way) it would be worth while.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
ampleworks said:
Major 9 in a XD?

Any chance that has a beefed up firing pin retaining pin, I can just see the striker tearing that up pretty fast with 170PF ammo.
I wouldnt see why that would be needed. It should have no added pressure put on it since alot of factory ammo in the .40 reaches 170 PF and up. The same pin is used on the XD9 and the XD40, as well as the XD357. I have no idea about the 45GAP though. Man, I just may have to buy a 9mm conversion barrel for my .40 Tac and see what an open class XD can do someday. Wont be anytime real soon though, Christmas is coming and I still have a HUGE gunsmith bill to pay off...lol

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
R/T Performance said:
I found these a while back

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=39721458

Wonder custom builds? :shock:
Just junk? :x
If those hold 20 rounds of .40 then ill bet dollars to donuts that they are more than 140 mm and maybe over 170mm. You have to do some playing to get 20 rounds of .40 in a 140mm STI mag and they are much wider than an XD mag.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
ampleworks said:
itchy, 9 major is more violent than 357sig or 40, we're talking a 1480fps for a 115 or 1375 for a 124
I agree with what your saying but it shouldnt put any more force on the firing pin retaining pin. I may be wrong though, God knows it wouldnt be the first time.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
R/T Performance said:
I went to promag and couldn't find any listing over 12 :x

Come on Rich your killing us lets see the pics :shock:

Just orderd a cr speed belt turns out I can't use it in production :cry:
Who says you cant use it for production? I shot Area 5 and there were plenty of them there. You just have to have your holster and mag pouches behind your hip bone.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
R/T Performance said:
I went to promag and couldn't find any listing over 12 :x

Come on Rich your killing us lets see the pics :shock:

Just orderd a cr speed belt turns out I can't use it in production :cry:
Who says you cant use it for production? I shot Area 5 and there were plenty of them there. You just have to have your holster and mag pouches behind your hip bone.
I herd no over belts in idpa or production?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts