Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Having been a Glock 35 shooter I often struggled with loading factory magazines to capacity ( 10 rounders ), rapid reloads also required a hardy slam for them to catch. Otherwise they simply fell in the sand after the first shot.

How do XD magazines compare?

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
No problems to date with my XD's. Glocks seem to have a tighter fit with mags, they are just made that way. I believe they did that to ensure positive lock with the mag catch and avoid dropped mags. Most of my friends that shoot the G gun really slam it home on mag changes.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've always heard (here) that it is not a good idea to slam a mag home hard on the XD, especially with 10 rounds in the mag, as it could break the ejector. I give it a firm push, but I don't slam it. I've never had a mag fail to engage.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you have to baby a gun because you might break it then it ain't the gun for self defense/carry/duty/or competition. :shock: Slam those magizines home with authority a quality gun can take it! :wink:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Mojo

I agree 100%, especially if you're using that pistol for self defense. Under stress, you need to be SLAMMING those magazines into that pistol and then proceding on to take care of business. There IS a problem with the magazines breaking the ejector, but one can notch the magazines for ejector clearance with very little trouble. And, it's primarily a problem with .40 magazines, though not exclusively.
(BTW, I broke the ejector in my XD-40 close to six months ago, it still ejects just fine. I just keep forgetting to fix it :roll: )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts