Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January of last year I sold my 4 inch XD40 because I never really wanted it in 40 and becuase I wanted the tactical model. Since then I have been using a Novak Custom Hi-Power as my ESP gun until the gun suffered an irreversable catostropic failure :evil:.

Now I am out one ESP gun and instead of sinking another $1500 into building another custom Hi-Power I am leaning towards replacing it with a 5 inch 9mm and having the custom shop work its magic.

I do have a couple of question for the folks that shoot IDPA and have had custom shop work done. How did the trigger turn out? How are the mags with the slam pads and which mods id you opt not to have done. The 04 brochure shows the optional extended beavertail and magwell in your opinion was it worth it.

So far I am pretty sure I want a competition trigger job, barsto barrel and Heinie straight eights.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Heater,

While I haven't actually shot one of the Custom Shop guns, I did handle several of them at the SHOT Show in Las Vegas. From dry firing them, I can tell you that the trigger job can only be described as "sweet". It is light, crisp and just how I'd want mine to be, if I could afford the $140 per gun to have it done. With four XD's, it's out of the question for me, but I really, really liked the Custom Shop trigger job.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
81 Posts
I sent my 9mm Service Model back to Springfield for a competiton action job and I love it! Take-up was reduced dramatically, virtually no overtravel (and is adjustable) and the 3# trigger pull is a sweet as the one on my custom .45. I had the gun back in my hands in 3 weeks flat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts