Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable holster to wear around the house? I live alone in the boonies and always want to be prepared.

Thanks,
Ice 8)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've never had a problem with a Fobus paddle-holster.. since they don't hang on my belt I rarely even notice it when I carry.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Never found one that didn't pull my boxers down. :shock: Heck, just put atleast one gun in every room. :wink:

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
If its just for around the house, I would vote for a Fobus Paddle or an inexpensive leather pankake style.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Another vote for the fobus. I have one with the belt loops but either way, they're nice comfortable holsters.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Uncle Mike makes a great Kydex paddle holster for the XD. About the same price as Fobus and a better rig, IMO. If you like leather, take a look at Bianchi's Model 59; it's also a paddle style and fitted for the XD.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You could just carry it in your hand all day but you would have to be extra careful when you wipe :lol:

At home or not, when I'm wearing clothes, I carry in a Milt Sparks Watch Six, it's very comfortable.

When I'm not wearing clothes, I keep it within arms reach at all times.

You could get a shoulder holster and then it would be off your belt and you could even carry "neked" :shock:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Go for an UM belt slide (aka pancake). I have one for my around the house gun (Makarov), and it is really comfortable, as long as you have a good belt.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i seen somewhere where some dude tried to smuggle a pistol into a prison in the crack of his ass...but after the guy got to coughin .......lol

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The Yaqui Slide comes to mind.

Still, if you feel the need to carry a gun inside your home...maybe its time to move?

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Still, if you feel the need to carry a gun inside your home...maybe its time to move?
If violent intruder X decided to come through my kitchen window and I was in the TV room, I'd be screwed if my gun was back in my bedroom.

·
Registered
143 Posts
For this situation I think any paddle holster is the best choice. You won't make a habit of wearing it if you are limited in your choice of apparel. A paddle will work with any pants you choose.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hang it around your neck with a shoelace.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wear sweats around the house so anything for the waist won't work too well. A shoulder holster as suggested earlier might work. Any suggestions or advice about a shoulder holster?

Ice 8)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Tango Sierra said:
Hang it around your neck with a shoelace.
Great idea! Yeah.. the shoelace with a bowline knot tied to the trigger for a firm hold! And hang it around your neck.. but no jumping jacks, cause that would be dangerous! LMBO!!

I too use the Fobus paddle holster.. mine is fixed, wears well with any belt, and scares those cookie selling girlscouts away when I answer the door. (It's mean, I know, but I have to watch my weight!)

Raymond

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
iceberg said:
I wear sweats around the house so anything for the waist won't work too well. A shoulder holster as suggested earlier might work. Any suggestions or advice about a shoulder holster?

Ice 8)
I have heard some bad things about shoulder holsters, although they do look cool, and for your aplication it might be the way to go. The thing I don't like about them is the cross draw. Getting that pistol on target involves covering a lot of ground that you may not want to shoot.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i too walk around the house(property) packin......
the UPS man prolly thinks i'm a wacko..answering the door to a dude with no shirt on and a gun............to deliver cases of ammo and pistol-gear packages etc. lol
i usually like the fobus also when i dont use my leather belt one

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
the UPS man prolly thinks i'm a wacko..answering the door to a dude with no shirt on and a gun
They get used to it eventually. It's great when the maintenance guys come in unannounced and you come out of the bathroom topless and brushing your teeth.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts