Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my first xd(45acp tactical) last week and i need to get rid of the stock grip asap. i've been searching this forum and others along w/ the web in search of something to suit my fancy. i want something like the hogue grip w/ the finger grooves but i hate how it only covers half the grip making the grip and gun look pretty sloppy. so what i'm thinking about doing is putting on the hogue grip and then trim the edges enough to make it smooth and flow w/ the grip and then cover the whole grip w/ an Agrip cover thus hiding the hogue grip but still giving me the finger grooves i seek. now i dont know how flexible the Agrip is or if it even stretches so thats where i need your guys' help. the Agrip cover is supposed to be thin so i'm hoping it wont make the grip overly bulky but i have large hands so it wont be my number one concern. so what do you guys think? would it work or no?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i decided to give it whirl. last week i slipped on a hogue grip and yesterday i recieved my Agrip in the mail. i couldnt be happier w/ the outcome. i have my finger grooves and the awsome feel and comfort of the Agrip. the grip is now the perfect size for my hands.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it almost feels like thin swade leather. whats nice is, the sweatier your hands get the better the grip feels. the gun now has a feel to it like it was fitted to your own personal hand.

·
Registered
647 Posts
so i decided to give it whirl. last week i slipped on a hogue grip and yesterday i recieved my Agrip in the mail. i couldnt be happier w/ the outcome. i have my finger grooves and the awsome feel and comfort of the Agrip. the grip is now the perfect size for my hands.
Personally I am NOT A FAN of adding textured grips like these to my IWB conceal carry gun... Can't afford to have that stuff hanging up on my clothing as I'm drawing and coming to ready position in <less than 1.5secs-1.25 secs.

Risk FAR OUT WEIGHTS the benefit. Again, that's me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally I am NOT A FAN of adding textured grips like these to my IWB conceal carry gun... Can't afford to have that stuff hanging up on my clothing as I'm drawing and coming to ready position in <less than 1.5secs-1.25 secs.

Risk FAR OUT WEIGHTS the benefit. Again, that's me.
this isnt my cc gun. this gun is taken w/ on hikes and other things that dont require it to be hidden at all times. i wanted my tactical to feel extremely comfortable when shooting for accuracy and pleasure. i'm not too concerned w/ how fast i can draw it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which Hogue grip did you use?

And where did you get both grips?
i used the model #17000 hogue grip. i bought the hogue grip at caswells here in mesa, az. and i bought the agrip thru dillon precision. the agrip is really nice. its very flexible and stretches easily to avoid any wrinkles or creases. total it was about $30. well worth it to have a grip that forms perfectly to the contour of your hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts