Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago my dad gave me a revolver which had belonged to my mother's father. It is a Colt Police Postive in .38 S&W. I have never shot it, but I am sure it would shoot. I have 10rds for it. It is a SA/DA.

Anyone know much about these? Anyone own one? Anyone know where to buy .38 S&W ammo?

Pics to follow shortly

·
Registered
297 Posts
Might check Sportsman's Guide.

I have a Police Positive also...it's a .32. I have never even contemplated buying .32 ammo in my life. Neat little historical gun though....maybe an ancestor to the pocket gun?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a 1910 CPP Special chambered in .32-20. Its not functional and I use it as a classroom training gun. All I can say is that folks had some mighty small hands back then.

·
Registered
40 Posts
38 S&W can be reloaded from trimmed down 38 special cases. Also it can be acquired from older fashion gunshops as it was a popular round back at the turn of the century up to about 1930 or so.

My dad has a 32-20 Police Positive, light round but a fun medium round to shoot with, i wouldn't hesistate to take it out anytime.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You may also want to look up similar models on the online gun auction/brokers to see what they sell for these days. This would give you a good idea of what its worth.

Looks great!!!

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies; I found ammo for it on ammoengine.com. Sometime in the near future I'll go out an shoot it and let ya'll know! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts