Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys well i was poking around one of the shops and i saw these old colt police official or official police 38 special being shown to a guy who wants to buy his 1st gun so i kinda lean over and look at it too the guy pass on the deal so i examined it more cocking it and playing with the cylinder long story short its mine now :) :) .I put it on layaway , i'll just get it tomorrow it was only 235 so why not..i saw this pics online which is kinda thesame the serial on the one i got is 719xxx..I'll take pics tomorrow when i take her home..

·
Registered
566 Posts
these are excellent revolvers:D and if in good condition great shooters.I think you stole it at that price as colt revolvers have gone way up in price.
pete

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Holy crap...that is a STEAL on a pistol of that quality! Yeah, I would have bought that in a second.

Those early Colt 38s were VERY good shooters. I have its later cousin, the Police Positive, and it is every bit as accurate as my Smith Mod. 10 or Second Model Hand Ejector 38. Remember to only shoot standard pressure 38s in it and you will not have any troubles. They were made long before the hotter +P stuff.

Very well made pistols and highly collectable. Good buy!

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
344 Posts
Colt Official Police was the first handgun I ever shot and the first handgun I ever owned (inherited from my dad) so it's special to me.

I've never measured but I think mine has a 4" barrel. Looks like the one in the second pic has about a 6" barrel?

Have fun with it!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i was surprise at the price too, i mean it looks used but the blueing was all there no scratches just a little holster wear and the cylinder locks up when you cock it and press the trigger..I can't wait to pick her up later today..my plan was just to get it before xmas its not too much money so what the heck right..

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's a nice price. I found one in my local pawn shop for $315, still debating if I'm going to get it. Money is a bit tight right now (aren't we all?).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Please do a range report for it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello guys well she is finally home!! took her out of layaway yesterday gave her some cleaning, haven't tried her yet so not sure hhow it shoots , I think this one is manufactured in 1944!!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Wow...you DID steal that one.

Nice pony...now load it up with some standard pressure 38s and blaze away. I bet its real accurate.

There is a pawnshop nearby that has a late 70s Colt Detective Special and they want 400 for it. Man....am I tempted!

Colt revolvers are really nice shooters. So are the older Smiths in that genre.

Enjoy!

- brickboy240

1 - 10 of 10 Posts