Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a dealer at the gun show who has a Colt 6920. He asks $1,800 for it, to which I said is nuts. I told him it is a $1,200 gun. He said this is the last of Colt 6920 and there won't be any more available. Ok, so that justifies his outrageous price, at least in his mind.

On one hand I have been hearing that "this is the last Colt" story on and off for so long that by now I am always suspicious about this claim. On the other hand, I have been wrong before by NOT believing the "surplus ammo will be gone" story and ended up banging my head against the wall for not buying more while it was still around.

What say you? Any insight out there that can enlighten this uninformed mind?:sad: I really like to get a Colt at some point, but not at this kind of price as long as I can avoid it. But then again if it's really not going to be available any more, I really don't have much choice on the price.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If you have to have a Colt than it should be priceless ... :lol:

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Typical BS from a gunshow dealer. They are all over the place on GunBroker for $1200....locate a local FFL, buy one, and have it shipped.
Colt does only make so many a year, and it will probably be a while before they do the next run.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i picked up an LE6920 off a local board about 4 weeks ago for $950 pretty much so stock. im just sitting on it for a while to see what happens it was purchased as an investment only id have to rate it at about 98% some minor surface scratches here and there but nothing you wouldn't expect from a used rifle.

did you happen to get this guys number. id like to sell mine to him for $1700 then we can both make a decent profit. (mine will just be better)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Typical BS from a gunshow dealer. They are all over the place on GunBroker for $1200....locate a local FFL, buy one, and have it shipped.
Colt does only make so many a year, and it will probably be a while before they do the next run.
Just been on Gunbroker, only a few on it with people bidding the stupidly insane prices; better than $1,800 but still too high.

Good to know Colt has annual production. Perhaps I should wait...?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Don't you mean you're infected with the "Cult" disease? :p

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Well I haven't checked GB lately........but prices are insane now because of everybody waiting until the last second and panic buying.

If you couldn't see this coming from a mile away with you eyes shut then I don't know what to tell you.

This isn't directed right at you but in general to all those who waited and then when the election results came in when on a panic buying spree.

Now supplies are low, and it is going to take time to get caught up, in the mean time prices will probably remain high on what is left, and more than likely stay high.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Well I haven't checked GB lately........but prices are insane now because of everybody waiting until the last second and panic buying.

If you couldn't see this coming from a mile away with you eyes shut then I don't know what to tell you.

This isn't directed right at you but in general to all those who waited and then when the election results came in when on a panic buying spree.

Now supplies are low, and it is going to take time to get caught up, in the mean time prices will probably remain high on what is left, and more than likely stay high.
To the first comment.

ROFLMAO!!!!

To the second comment.

Yeah I know it sucks. But being 22 and with a 6 month old baby I just never had the money to buy everything that I've been wanting. It sucks I know, but nothing I can do about it now. I am not panic buying because I already have a Socom II in the safe. So an AR is just icing on the cake. But now I'll never get those deals that all you other guys got.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i picked up an LE6920 off a local board about 4 weeks ago for $950 pretty much so stock. im just sitting on it for a while to see what happens it was purchased as an investment only id have to rate it at about 98% some minor surface scratches here and there but nothing you wouldn't expect from a used rifle.

did you happen to get this guys number. id like to sell mine to him for $1700 then we can both make a decent profit. (mine will just be better)
The guy gave me a card but I threw it out on my way out.

I think you should keep your Colt though, T.J. The way things go it will only go up in value.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Completely agree with the panic buy that causing this.

But honestly I didn't plan on joining that crowd. Bad timing? yes; bad planning? no. All my purchases have been planned according to my budget. Since I don't buy guns on credit or lay away, I do it only when I have saved enough. Now that I have just saved enough, the election and the ensuing panic buy screw it all up. I was also planning on buying another 10 or so C Product 30 rounders along with the gun but now that is also apparently, not possible.:-x

·
Registered
127 Posts
The good news is once you get the first one it will be easier to lay back and buy when the deal is good. I have two now and am casually shopping a lower for number three. However, I don't expect to do much buying until things calm down.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got all of my must haves before the election and avoided the rush. Picked up P-mags right around election and some AK-47 mags. I'm thinking prices will begin dropping after Christmas since funds will be short with most after buying Christmas stuff. Then I may add some more things. Maybe it is wishful thinking!!! But who would have thought gas prices would have dropped like they did???:?

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
My stepson wanted an AR really badly all the sudden (panic buyer) so I got him a LE6920 from Gunbroker for $1,199 NIB two weeks ago.

They sell for $1,350 locally if you can find them.
Not a problem via Gunbroker.

If I had a nickle for every stupid, wrong thing I've heard spoken at a gunshow, I'd have $5.00 because after hearing it 100 times I quit going to gunshows.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've really been on the fence about purchasing a 6920. I have 4 other AR's and can't see that the Colt will do anything drastically different.

We have a gun show coming up in a week. I'm honestly debating not even going to the show. The crowds and panic would be a major buzz kill.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good idea k-dog, I am going to wait it out instead of spending silly money on it.

My stepson wanted an AR really badly all the sudden (panic buyer) so I got him a LE6920 from Gunbroker for $1,199 NIB two weeks ago.
You are lucky to get it at that price!

I called CDNN today because I suddenly remembered they had the 6920 listed on their printed catalog for $1,199. The price I got quoted over the phone today is.... $1,599!

I somehow think the $1,599 guns are exactly the same guns when they were $1,199.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Prices on these have gone nuts in the last two weeks!! It really is shameful that dealers are pillaging people who don't know any better, but hey...capitalism is a wonderful thing.

I just saw one posted over on the ARFCOM EE for $1395 or so...still too much, but still better than $1600 and a helluva lot better than $1800!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've really been on the fence about purchasing a 6920. I have 4 other AR's and can't see that the Colt will do anything drastically different.

We have a gun show coming up in a week. I'm honestly debating not even going to the show. The crowds and panic would be a major buzz kill.

Thoughts??

You should go and check out those inflated price tags. That will make you feel good about what you already own!:razz:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts