I was having some trouble with sight picture and the front sight

I bought a sight paint kit from Brownell's

what color do you like?

Rear sights will remain White

Thank you for you input

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
My SC 9 came with Heinie (sp) slant 8 sights. They are green. They are the only night sights I have, so I can't comment on the other colors, that's why I voted green.

I like mine; they show up pretty well at night, tho I will admit that's only in my house in a dark room. I have not done any shooting at low/no light situations like I did when I was working. Also, I'm not fortunate enough to live in an area or state where I can go out my back door and just shoot. :(

Looks like you are going to be stuck with a lot of extra paint. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have enough to open my own Sight Painting Shop :idea:

thank you for you thoughts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the Dawson fiber optic front sight. The rears are just plain old white.

I had painted the front and rear yellow. Then tried front yellow and rear green.

The wife has red front and yellow rear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I repainted mine with flourescent acrylic paint I got at a crafting store for around $2/bottle. I did the front flourescent orange and the rears flourescent green. It turned out great. My policeman friend who works at the range I shoot at raved when I showed him. The front orange sight really jumps out at you when framed by the flourescent green dots in back. If you're going to do different colors, I'd recommend using a lighter color on the rear (green, yellow, white) and a bolder color (orange, red) for the front. That way your eyes are naturally drawn to the center of your alignment. I'll post some pics when I get back here in a few days. I'm off to Lake Tahoe (only an hour and a half from my place) to camp on the beach until Sunday. peace, nocalkind

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Painted my front green going to leave the rears white at this time

I'll let you know

·
Registered
266 Posts
Are you painting the dots or the blade itself? I just painted my front blade orange. I had to be careful not to get paint on the tritium insert. I really like the contrast. The front sight jumps out at you. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

dot only
I don't have night sights on my XD

i think it made a huge difference

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
show what you know it takes blue to make mauve