Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got me a mag pouch that is meant to attach to a collapsible stock. Here is what it is:

BLACKHAWK! Buttstock Mag Pouch w/Adjustable Lid - BLACKHAWK!

The one in the pic doesn't have these two "rings" that I think must have something to do with attachment. Am I missing something because they don't seem to have a purpose?

Anyone have some pics with this set up so I can compare. The Blackhawk website pics are so dark it's hard to tell what exactly they have going on in terms of attachment. I know it's not rocket surgery to put this pouch on ... in fact it's on now. just can't figure out the rings.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Is it possible they are there incase you need to run the sling through it? I know that probably wouldn't be the case with a collapsible stock, but with an A2 stock you don't have much to work with in terms of space and some of those older 3 point slings that were complicated to put on and I think we had to rig them up together on ours before we got out M4's. I'm not entirely sure though, that was a while ago lol.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I can not tell from the pic. Can you post one?

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mvician .... those are the pics I was referring to.

Here's a pic of my mag pouch. The rings are what are confusing me. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Is the strap long enough to go all the way around ?

The rings are there to thread the strap thru from what I can see.

I lightened your pic up to see it better.

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the strap long enough to go all the way around ?

The rings are there to thread the strap thru from what I can see.
Normally when it comes to AR's and the extras you are the last guy I'd question on your ideas.

You could be right on the rings. I did monkey around with the attachment strap going thru the rings and the attachment seemed "bulky" and "awkward" in that manner. The mag pouch itself has loops that the attachment strap runs through (obviously ... from Blackhawk pics and common sense) so it just seems as if the rings are there for a different reason. I thought perhaps they were there for a different type stock but the packaging says collapsible stock mag pouch. Guess I just need to contact Blackhawk and get their take on their product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts