Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone pre-order one of these yet? Any idea when they will be shipping? I am in the market for a "Kabar" style knife and I really love what Cold Steel puts out both their cheap budget knives and nicer more expensive pieces.

Leatherneck-SF

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
There are better options at that price. Cold Steel is overrated and mall ninja-y imo.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never fails does it :rolleyes:

Please make your own thread if you want to debate, this thread is specifically asking about the Cold Steel knife, nothing else. ****;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Never fails does it :rolleyes:

Please make your own thread if you want to debate, this thread is specifically asking about the Cold Steel knife, nothing else. ****;)

How is it people never seem to realize that an open forum is.... well OPEN.

never fails does it

So who's been watching football? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
How is it people never seem to realize that an open forum is.... well OPEN.

never fails does it
I must agree with the OP. It is so annoying when people try to turn every thread into a debate. It's a maturity issue, in my opinion.

I bought a Leatherneck. It has a full flat grind (FFG), a true "full tang," and a super grip. It is a better cutter and slicer than the KA-BAR USMC, though perhaps not as strong due to the FFG. The edge is thinner, and so I wouldn't try heavy chopping or batoning. It should handle some light to moderate bushcraft. It's mainly a combat/utility knife. For the price, it is quite stout.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
The OP has not posted in 6 months on this thread.

Zombie thread!

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I want to slap you all.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I have an older Cold Steel Voyager II that has been a pretty good knife, so i am sure this one will be a quality piece.

However, I also have Dad's old K-Bar from the 60s and if you can get a K-Bar for that price...man...I'd go that direction in a heartbeat. I cannot tell you how much abuse we have put the Ka-Bar through and it still looks great and holds an edge. Many deer and pigs have been taken apart by the USMC beauty.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
2 Posts
coldsteel has kydex securex vs kabar leather sheath.
It has Kraton handle instead of leather handle.
Full tang instead of rat tail tang.
It is competitively price vs usmc kabar on amazon.
Quick attach belt loop is no contest vs old school leather.

CON
Made in taiwan is marginally better than its neighbor in china.
Nothing beat the good old made in the USA.
(maybe Japan San Mai 3):D

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Kabar needs to reinvent itself, get rid of the leather sheath for Kydex and leather handle for Kraton. Then we have a winner.
kydex is way too noisey

I HATE the kydex sheath my Ka-Bar has.

I like the leather sheaths because it makes no noise when you pull the blade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts