Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a notice recently from Classic Arms about a good deal on derringers and I had been looking for a smaller concealed carry for my routine bicycle rides in some sketchy areas so I bought a Cobra Big Bore Derringer from them for 124 and free shipping...thought it was a good deal but one barrel will not fire...tried it repeatedly and it would only hit the second barrel lightly, not enough to make it go bang (Not Classic's fault by the way) I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue...I contacted the company and I am hoping that they will ship it to and from the factory quickly and make necessary repairs since it is new and warrantied for life.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Buy once cry once. They're not a company with a strong rep.

See if they'll fix it. Maybe you'll get lucky.

For a lightweight piece that shoots great, check out a baby Kahr. They run closer to 400 but you'll find yourself carrying them probably more than anything else you own just for the ease.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love Kahrs, carry an LC9 usually but wanted something light for bicycling...I am a bit concerned about the company as well. Cross my fingers!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Hell, the LC9 can't weight THAT much more.

Good luck with it though. Hopefully they take care of it.

When it comes to Derringers, Bond is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I have a Cobra derringer in 9mm and it's working fine. Their derringers are the only product I like. I specifically went with Cobra because they're so much smaller and lighter than Bond Arms derringers. The BA derringers are almost as large as a PF-9 (and weigh almost Twice as much).

Give Cobra a call and see if they'll fix/replace it for you.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hell, the LC9 can't weight THAT much more.

Good luck with it though. Hopefully they take care of it.

When it comes to Derringers, Bond is the way to go.
that right there is nothing but the truth!!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I just got the large bore from Cobra. I'm taking it to the range this week... Hopefully no issues!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have promised me 2x that they will send a shipping label via email but nothing yet...also sent them several emails...not feeling it right now :-(

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Don't forget to check your Spam Folder.
Some email programs automatically send labels there If they're not in your Address Book.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update, I got the shipping label today and have the derringer packaged up and ready to send...hopefully it will get fixed and I'll have it back in a few weeks...I'll keep you posted on what happens, as always, thanks to my XD Talk Homies.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Hopefully they get you fixed up and we will hear good news.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got it sent to Cobra and its back now...they paid for shipping...just waiting till the weekend to try it...hopefully it fires both barrels now...apparently it was a bad cam spring...I'll let ya'll know

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update to my post on my Cobra big bore 9mm not shooting the second barrel...they had it about two weeks...apparently some spring that causes the cam to move and fire the second shot was weak...spring was replaced and I tried it tonight...12 shots without a hitch, no misfires at all...it's going to be a good cycling concealed carry pistol for those times when someone's dog, or a coyote needs a good scare. When its working right I would definitely recommend the gun. It was fun to shoot.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Thanks for the update. JMO, shoot it a little more just to be sure. Glad they fixed you up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem.I bought the 38spc and I have tryed several times to contact both were I bought it (Impact Arms) and Cobra to no avail, neither one will answer my emails. I'm about ready to junk it.

I got a notice recently from Classic Arms about a good deal on derringers and I had been looking for a smaller concealed carry for my routine bicycle rides in some sketchy areas so I bought a Cobra Big Bore Derringer from them for 124 and free shipping...thought it was a good deal but one barrel will not fire...tried it repeatedly and it would only hit the second barrel lightly, not enough to make it go bang (Not Classic's fault by the way) I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue...I contacted the company and I am hoping that they will ship it to and from the factory quickly and make necessary repairs since it is new and warrantied for life.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts