Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oppertunity to trade M1 Garand(CMP field grade or service grade) for my XD9 bitone.
I'm not sure what the condition is, but from what I hear, there is huge difference of condition on CMP's rifle.
This is what he told me:

"I bought it from the CMP @ the north store in Jan of 2007. I've removed the cosmo from the stock and other wood and oiled them at least twice with BLO. The MW and TE are in the area of 2 respectively. When I last shot it (easily a year ago) I kept all 8 on the paper at 200 yards easily at Scotia(local range here in state College)"
It comes with one bandoler of M2 ball, which i believe is 6 - 8 round clips, and he said her got some clips around too(not sure how many)

M1 Garand has been something I've been wanting for LONG time(12 years to be exact), and with XDM in 9mm in horizon, and M1 getting harder and harder to find, I'm thinking I'm gonna do this(after I'm gonna test shoot/inspect it tuesday next week).

what you guys think?

·
Registered
229 Posts
go for it. if i could find someone to trade me a garand for my xd 45 i would do it it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ask him what grade and manufacturer it is. Every Garand from CMP will have an authentication letter sent with it and will have the serial number and "grade" on the letter, which should match the rifle. Here's the link to CMP's site which will explain the grades better. Be sure to fire it before doing the trade, if it has a bad operating rod, you could be looking at $200 plus labor to replace it. Good Luck

M1 Garand Sales

Oh yeah, be sure to read the owners manual, they have some really good tips especially when avoiding Garand Thumb or M1 Thumb:lol:

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
Get the Garand... there's a limited number of them. XDs are easy to find. You could probably pick up a used one from a forum member in 6 months.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'd do that in a heart beat, and then go out and buy yourself another XD. I'm still waiting on my CMP M1 carbine to arrive:cool:.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Do it!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm meeting with guy next tuesday at local range to inspect eachother's weapon.

Just so that we all know, in my mind, XD is already gone...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts