Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a cmmg m4le or mod4. other than the ones i had in the the military, this is my first personal one. sorry for no pics, i dont have my camera on me. i've heard good things about cmmg most of it being heresy. what can you guys tell me? from what i understand they make rifles for other brands. thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just bought a CMMG Lower, will be getting the upper soon.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I bought my upper from FireForEffect; it's made by CMMG.

Very accurate, very good. I'd get another.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
your doing this a little backward aren't you? Your suppose ask for opinions then buy.

I don't own a cmmg atleast not yet I've only heard good things about them not so much as one bad thing

Really there is no telling who makes what part there are so many parts that are manufactured and re branded

Whether it's true or not I've heard that cmmg, dpms, colt, RRA as well as others are made by LAR grizzley but I have not read anything confirming this I've also heard that DPMS manufactures 90% of the smaller parts such as springs, detents, pins mag releases, selectors ect and distributes to other manufactures for their builds

Due to confidentiality agreements I'm sure we as consumers will ever know who really makes what part

The only thing that is really important is that you like and enjoy your new EBR

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
CMMG is good to go. I have read that customer service can be shotty, but I haven't had to use their customer service. I own a 16" CMMG midlength.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i have one cmmg ar its an 18" SBR and i am building my SBR on a cmmg lower and hopefully i will have the money to get a cmmg upper

cmmg is very good. you will be very happy, its not as well known as bushmaster and colt so you might get the occasional comment about their bushmaster being better from the uneducated mall ninjas but at least you know thats not true

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your doing this a little backward aren't you? Your suppose ask for opinions then buy

i know but i talked to a couple of dealers about the different ar companies and both of them said they were good to go. i just wanted to know who had experience with them and what they thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts