Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is CMMG slow to get stuff shipped or what?

Ordered my lower parts kit on tuesday and don't even know if they have shipped yet.

Also ordered stuff from AIM surplus on tuesday and it is on the UPS truck set to arrive on Monday.

Ordered stuff Wednesday from Global Tactical and got it yesterday. :mrgreen:

I could see a delay if I was having some elaborate custom build done. Really how long does it take to throw a parts kit in a box and send it on its way???

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
They are currently running a week to two weeks behind. It's normal.

Is CMMG slow to get stuff shipped or what?

Ordered my lower parts kit on tuesday and don't even know if they have shipped yet.

Also ordered stuff from AIM surplus on tuesday and it is on the UPS truck set to arrive on Monday.

Ordered stuff Wednesday from Global Tactical and got it yesterday. :mrgreen:

I could see a delay if I was having some elaborate custom build done. Really how long does it take to throw a parts kit in a box and send it on its way???

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
my brother's 6.8 upper, ordered October 1st, took about two weeks.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I just have Black Rifle Fever now... I have everything ordered or in hand that I need for my first build, just ancy i guess.

Still don't understand why a parts kit and chrome silicon buffer spring would take two weeks to get shipped out. Throw it in a box and send it my way so I can build it. :p

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
As has been stated above, its pretty normal for these companies to take a week or two to get stuff shipped out. Some of the parts not really necessary for rifle function even take a few weeks such as the railed hand guards I ordered from Armalite. I can't wait to get them here but all I CAN do is wait.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Lots of places are either backordered, having a hard time meeting orders, or simply can't keep up with demand.

The common assumption is that people are stocking up in anticipation of an Obama presidency and a resulting AWB.

If i were you, I'd be more worried at this point if I'd ordered something and they could meet the order immediately. It would tell me how much in demand their products are. :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
well it can be worst i have herd other company wait period 4 to 6 weeks

but you can be like me lucky and live 3 miles from Spike's Tactical and call them and find out what they have and i go and buy it :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
You should probably just cancel your order with CMMG and order directly from RRA. :-|

You are lucky to only wait two weeks. As someone else said, it is definitely a good sign!

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I guess I spoke too soon. It only took a week to get my stuff.

Again, I only ordered a parts kit, Chrome silicon spring, and a magpul Miad grip, so there wasn't any real custom work to be done. Only thing they forgot was the 123 batttery core for the grip.

They didn't send me a tracking number either, it just showed up today with my ammo... funny thing is, 60 rounds have mysteriously dissappeared. :twisted:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have found that any time I order directly from a manufacturer, it is always slower than ordering from a retailer. Manufacturing companies like CMMG have their focus on manufacturing, not order processing. At this point, I only order from a manufacturer if it is the only place to get it. Unfortunately, I do have a custom upper to order from CMMG in a couple of pay days and it sounds like I will have a long wait in store for me.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Received notice that CMMG shipped my complete AR today.....exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it. Got the tracking # and hope to have it Friday. The parts that I ordered showed up 3 days after ordering them and had the tracking number the day after....Great in my book.

On one of the items, CMMG goofed and sent just the springs, not the whole mag: sent them an e-mail and the correct items were shipped the next day {tracking number sent to me} along with a UPS label to return the incorrect merchandise.

I have heard some complaints about CMMG's customer Service, but I will have to give them 5 stars...

Woof
Bowser

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Read my posts. 4-mos and they haven't even started production on my upper. Thinking of bailing and getting an LMT.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Least youre not waiting on a holster from Milt Sparks or what not...

·
Registered
679 Posts
I've heard CMMG is running 4-8 weeks on all new orders.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've also heard CMMG is cutting back production 50% of their lower receivers.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Read my posts. 4-mos and they haven't even started production on my upper. Thinking of bailing and getting an LMT.
Just FYI...

LMT is taking about 6-8 weeks, I ordered a lower w/ 2 stage trigger, sopmod stock and a cqb mrp upper, and they said 6-8 weeks. Could possibly take a little longer.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've got a question for you guys (not trying to hijack the tread, but it's better than starting a new one for a simple question).

With these long wait times on uppers and complete rifles, will they bill you when they ship, or will they bill you sooner than that?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been waiting 5+ months for a SDM-R upper. DPMS said it could be another 3 months before its shipped. Last I heard they were 35,000 rifle orders behind.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts