Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 3 different boxes of ammo today and I found while inserting a clip loaded with regular round tip ammo that the clip has to be slammed in. Loaded with 12 rounds both hollow points seem to go in perfectly without great pressure. This one I have to literally slam in and even then it might still not be fully seated. Anyone know what this problem might be? The ammo is 180gr FMC from Magtech.

Oh and when this happens the mag release button is also very hard to push. This happens all the time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe this is normal. Mine was very tight when I first got it. Why would you want to dump a full mag anyway?Take a few rds. out and I bet it wont be as hard to depress release button.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually you know what? The reason the other ammo worked fine is because it wasnt fully loaded. Im pretty sure that its just the heavy spring tension of a new magazine. Man am I a dumbass. Yup took out two rounds and its perfect. Thanks for making my brain remember.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Threat? I was thinking more about how bad its gonna suck to load all them suckers at the range. By the way I went to VA Arms and I think that will now be my prefered dealer. That store is SOOO nice and clean. Very modern looking.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn that annoyed the heck out of me! Im still gonna call em clips when Im just chillin. When Im talkin to people I usually call them magazines though. I try to sound as professional as possible when Im talking guns with people. Thanks for the link though, I thought they were all the same sh*t.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought a cheap Adco thumbsaver today, $6. It really helps loading 'hicaps', although I usually just load 10 or less at the range anyway.

Sure wish centerfire guns had magazine followers like on my .22 Ruger.

·
Registered
580 Posts
paper tiger said:
I usually have to load 14 instead of 15 in the mag. 14+1 is MORE than enough for any threat someone would encounter.
i only load to max capacity. i don't do the plus one stuff. that's me.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
CmptrN3rd said:
No plus +1's unless Im goin on a mission.
Mission??? :shock:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I believe this is normal. Mine was very tight when I first got it.
-Sounds like a personal problem... :wink:

Seriously though.... to all gun-grabbers out there.... WHAT YOU SEE HERE IS NOT REFLECTIVE OF THE ENTIRE GUN OWNER COMMUNITY. CmptrN3rd, seriously man. I'm all about everybody learning and safely using guns and defending themselves... but lets be adult here. I don't want to rant (more than I have), but you scare me. How many other members have spawned threads just filled with people complaining about them? Man, I don't want to start an argument, nor do I want to hijack the thread, but do us all a favor and be careful with what you say on this board. We are generally pretty accepting people, and just really like to get together and talk about our guns and lives. God bless you and I apologize for any unneccisary rant. Back to the thread.

MC

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
No plus +1's unless Im goin on a mission.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Grow up NERD!
What the hell kind of missions you going on?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

http://www.t-shirtking.com/catalog/102-00151#

1 - 20 of 34 Posts