Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets hear some pro's and con's. I am thinking of getting one. Should I??

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't think a clipdraw will work really well with that red-dot and light on it... :wink:

I think the big issue is, would you feel safe with a loaded gun that has no manual safety in your waistband? If so, go for it. If not, get a holster.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have one and feel completely comfortable carrying this way with my XD-SC. With the grip safety AND trigger safety IMHO it is no more dangerous than carrying the same pistol in an IWB holster. There is no way I can press through the material of my pants, either jeans or dress slacks, and activate trigger. IWB's just don't work for me. The clip draw does.

Here's a thread on this a few months ago.
Clipdraw

Here's two pics with mine on:

·
Registered
113 Posts
tec,

First post on this forum.

I carry my Para 6.45 LDA with a universal clip draw (stick on) and it works great. The Para is certainly heavier than the XD.

Don't worry about activating two safety devices (grip & trigger) accidently. I can't even imagine how you'd do that.

Give them a try.

Dave

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I had a clip draw on my keltec p3at and took it off. The gun kept shifting, draw was inconsistent, and I just wasn't comfortable without the trigger being enclosed.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Tec,

I have a sample unit that was sent to me. You are welcome to it, if you want to play around with it.

Just send me your address via e-mail, and I will send it to you.

Scott

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TomSwift said:
I have one and feel completely comfortable carrying this way with my XD-SC. With the grip safety AND trigger safety IMHO it is no more dangerous than carrying the same pistol in an IWB holster. There is no way I can press through the material of my pants, either jeans or dress slacks, and activate trigger. IWB's just don't work for me. The clip draw does.

Here's a thread on this a few months ago.
Clipdraw

Here's two pics with mine on:

Hey- where is your beer gut??!!
That is more of what I want.
I have been looking for a IWB holster and just have not found anything local that i liked. I have a belly overhang issue that prevents some of them from feeling good. This looks like it might be just what I want. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Airedale said:
tec,

I carry my Para 6.45 LDA with a universal clip draw (stick on) and it works great. The Para is certainly heavier than the XD.

Don't worry about activating two safety devices (grip & trigger) accidently. I can't even imagine how you'd do that.

Give them a try.

Dave
Thanks for the reply back, and welcome to the gun nut site.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Old School said:
Tec,

I have a sample unit that was sent to me. You are welcome to it, if you want to play around with it.

Just send me your address via e-mail, and I will send it to you.

Scott
Don't have to ask me twice, email sent. Let me know what I owe for shipping.

:lol: Ya know, everything they say about you just isn't true!! you are a nice guy!! :p jest messin wit ya

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I am a nice guy, the others are lying. :D I will cover the shipping, no problem. Make sure you post pics and your thoughts. It will be interesting to see how it works for you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
tec said:
Airedale said:
tec,

Give them a try.

Dave
Thanks for the reply back, and welcome to the gun nut site.
Thanks,
I'm a USPSA wheelgunner but really enjoy the XD.
It may be my new 3 gun pistol.
Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Clip draw is another method I used to carry my G36. Do they make it for the XD. I never had a problem giving the Mexican carry a bit of additional support... that's what the clip does. Also less bulk than a holster but not as comfortable.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did receive the Clip Draw from Old School, Thanks again for it.

I will post a picture as soon as I get batteries for my digital camera.

I have been using it with good results the past couple of days, being I do not have a ccw yet, I am limited to where I carry. I did wear it to a job today that involved a lot of bending over and kneeling. The clip draw was tight, no movement with the XD. I think I do need to loose some weight or buy some more pants and shirts as it is a little "pressing" to wear it. Not bad, but I am certain it could be more comfortable if I was to shed a few pounds (working on it).

The one I used on the XD is the universal style. It attach's to the side of the slide using high adhesion double sided tape. I had my doubts at first, but it has held solidly to the gun. Even my acid sweat has no affect on the tape.

If / When I get my ccw, I would think this would be the method of carry for myself for most of the year when the temperature is warm to hot. For the winter I would love a shoulder holster, but I don't think that would work too wear while wearing Carharrt bib overalls.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll make it a point to get some batteries this week. Mine looks the same as TomSwift's, but different! :lol: He has his clip set so that the gun rides pretty low in relation to the belt line. Mine is up higher a bit. Personal preference.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I notice you're in Ohio. Clipdraw will not fill Ohio car carry "In a Holster" requirement. Be careful. I have been considering it too, but even the new law that is being considered won't fix this provision. :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts