Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XD of course - in .45 for sure, but without the thumb safety.
We're in good company. :cool:

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I have a lot of respect for Clint Smith. Even more so after viewing the Thunder Ranch videos and seeing his clear and rational thinking in action. I only wish I had him as an instructor in my former occupation. Intelligence is far superior to macho nonsense.

If you haven't seen his videos, I highly recommend you get and watch them:
Thunder Ranch® Oregon --they are educational, fun to watch and full of priceless learnings.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a lot of respect for Clint Smith. Even more so after viewing the Thunder Ranch videos and seeing his clear and rational thinking in action. I only wish I had him as an instructor in my former occupation. Intelligence is far superior to macho nonsense.

If you haven't seen his videos, I highly recommend you get and watch them:
Thunder Ranch® Oregon --they are educational, fun to watch and full of priceless learnings.

+1 !!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
His place here in Oregon is amazing. I've had the pleasure of spending some time with him and his wife. The world would be a much better/safer place IMO if there were more folks out there like him, no BS allowed.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Mine doesn't have it, but I don't think I'd care much if it did. I suppose all it does is gives you a false sense of security when your finger is where it shouldn't be. It would have to be a FREAK accident to fire an XD even without the thumb safety unless it was held by a hand. To pull the trigger safety, and the grip safety at the same time accidentally is damn near impossible. So, the thumb safety just gives one more mechanism to get confused with in an emergency. I've pulled the trigger on a deer before with the safety on :rolleyes:. I click the safety off now when a HEAR a deer, because the click has scared them away! So, it's beome habbit, but in a bad situation, you don't want to be thinking about the damn safety! That was one of my thoughts when I got the XD.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's understandable, but It's the reason I didn't buy another 1911, and the fact I have twice the ammunition to throw down range. But to each his own. At least It's NOT a Block.....

Very intresting fellow (through interviews), clear thinking IMO. Like to meet the guy someday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went to a couple TR courses when he was still in Mountain Home TX, Handgun 2 (low light), and then Handgun 3. He was a wonderful instructor. No BS, and very inspirational. I am a Master Firearms Instructor for a PD in Illinois, and I learned more about the combat mindset and mental trigger from him than with alll my other training combined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts