Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that my grip safety isn't how it used to be when cleaning my gun today. I brought 2 friends to the range and let them use my XD-9 service. I also shot it though, and was the last to use. I must confess I didn't notice it at the time.

Anyways, it used to be a really nice smooth action. Now the safety is clicking and is very stagey when pressed. Don't know if it's caught on something, or what is going on, but it worries me a little bit. It has definitely changed violently after this single shooting period...not a gradual change. I guess I will try to take to a local smith (gander mountain is the only one i know of) and have em check it out.

Just wondering, anyone else ever had this problem? Or if you are familiar with those parts have an idea what could cause it? Wish I knew how to take the stuff out myself, but I don't. Nothing quite like the feeling of something going wrong with your gun :(

Thanks ahead of time :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
www.xd-hs2000.com has a superb disassembly tutorial. As far as it 'clicking' the only thing the grip safety does is sit beneath the sear to keep it from dropping out, so perhaps you have some crud down in there causing it to be sticky. If its grinding against the sear, perhaps the sear it pushing against it, which shouldn't happen unless you're pressing the trigger when you hit the grip safety.

Matthew

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the best way to describe it i think would be to say it feels like something is either misaligned or stuck down in there. It's consistant in the phases it goes through when pressed, and it's very distinct, so it can't just be crud stuck in there I don't think. I think something is lodged or something happened to misalign a part :(

Hopefully I'll find out before IPSC on Thursday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts