Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know this is a funny question, but how do we keep our snakes, rags, etc clean for repeated use? My wife think's to throw them out, rags anyway. I am not sure I want the solvents etc mixed in my laundry machines and surely not mixed with clothes. Also, how flammable are these commn chemicals ( CLP, gun oil, etc) when on rags and such.
Mats, etc, soak alot of stuff up. Dangerous in a workshop near furnace, water heater?
I have found I like to clean em up, new ones are always a puzzle for awhile, always adding something to the rifles, etc,.
Hand wash? Throw away?
TIA!

·
Registered
94 Posts
My remedy for cleaning my brass and nylon brushes is lightly spraying them with Break Free cleaning solution. Then hitting it with some compressed air. The grime comes right off. As for the towels, I usually throw them out every 3-5 cleanings.

On a side note, love the title :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I use old t-shirts as rags and throw them out when they get the gun dirtier when I wipe them down. :D

I throw my cleaning brushes in a plastic bottle with some soap and water and shake 'em clean.

I don't use volatile solvents for cleaning, so flammability isn't an issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you. I have also learned, put the solvent on the brush and not the brush into the solvent. Gets black quick the other way.
Guess the wife wins this one- and I get new rags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts