Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a set of the TFO sights. I have been told they get destroyed by most gun cleaners? What gun cleaners won't destroy them. I found a gun cleaner called tetra gun degreaser.It has a fresh pine scent. It says contains Trichloroethylene,Carbon dioxide, Pine oil. Anybody know if this will destroy them. What cleaners won't destroy them. I want actual first hand experience not I think it won't!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I will be installing a set soon as far as I know the fiber rod is not to forgiveing for harsh chems but then I will not be pouring it on the outside of the slide, I really like the idea of the fiber,tritium

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love my TFO's. So far, no problem with cleaning, but I have been keeping solvents away from them. I'm probably being more careful than I have to, because I have heard that only certain strong solvents harm them.

The question is, which solvents to stay away from? I'm not sure.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i love my TFO's, and i have the stainless slide so i really dont have to worry about them very much, im just hand clean, ie no bucket dunks or so on and so forth. good old remington bore clean and a tooth brush for inside the slide

·
Registered
242 Posts
http://www.truglosights.com/content/products/firearm/handgun_sights/tritium_fiber_optic.asp

They are fiber optic sights so they gather lots of light and are very visible in daylight and lowlight. There is also a tritium element behind the fiber to light it up in the dark. I have to say that fiber optic sights are a big improvement for combat style shooting because they make it much easier to quickly see the sights. For low light and dark situations the tritium glows by itself without requiring exposure to light, so tritium night sights are self illuminating. A necessity IMHO on any defensive firearm.

TFO sights are a brilliant idea. I've got them on my XD and will be putting them on my Sig.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
TRUGLO recommend you wipe your sights down with a soft Q-TIP. Use should not need the use of any cleaners, oil, etc. Just rub the Q-TIP back and forth a few times. This is enough to remove any build up that may be limiting the amount of light getting to the tubes.

Hope this helps.

Old School

1 - 8 of 8 Posts