Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always maintian my firearms by cleaning and lubricating them appropriately. I just tore down my XD and cleaned it all with some break clean, then lubed her up with some Rem Oil, then applied my newly acquired Armadillo. This stuff is slick...I when removing the slide, after pulling the trigger, the slide slid right off, and It fell and I had to catch it. I've always used the ole Hoppes cleaning and oiling products just because that is what I always used. I've read that it could gunk up the striker assembly, and found I had to change my ways. It's like I have a whole new gun here...ya know there is loaded chamber indicator on this thing (sarcastic).

+1 newly aquired lifetime Armadillo customer here.

·
Registered
556 Posts
How much is a bottle of Armadillo, and how many applications do you think you can get out of one bottle?

I might have to pick some up next time I'm at the gun store, if they carry it.

-James

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Blue wonder Gel is great IMO! I have Hobbes #9, Rem bore cleaner, and the gel.. I like the Gel the best because it stays on a q-tip without getting all over the place, it disolves the grime and wipes off easily. I don't use the gel on my rifles though, because the rifles seem to require so much more solvent to clean them.. and the gel seems to be better applied in small amounts.

Raymond

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive heard others say the same things Cap'n Ray...they love the Gel, but a long barrel will eat right through your supply.

You won't be let down, they have put a ton of research into their stuff. I am actually purchasing even more of their products (through our online vendors). I feel silly cause this stuff has been around for a lil while now, and I always read the posts...but I guess it's never too late. Blue Wonder has a section all to themselves on this board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts