Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I never used 3 in 1 since its only an oil and not a cleaner. For cleaning I use Hoppes 9, and CLP. For the oil part I use Rem oil. 3 in 1 I spose is a ok lube but it wont remove leading or copper from the barrel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I meant to wipe down everything but the barrel. I use 3-1 oil to wipe down my rifles and shot guns, it seems to work good. thanks for your help. Have you heard of otis pistol cleaning kit, is it a good product for the springfield xd pistols.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use Liquid Wrench to soak the guns, then use a brush to scrub, spray off with brake cleaner and relube with Breakfree (trigger area) and Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil for the rails on up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hoppes #9 to clean when really dirty, but Breakfree CLP for short range sessions with FP-10 on the rails everytime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oddjob said:
I use Liquid Wrench to soak the guns, then use a brush to scrub, spray off with brake cleaner and relube with Breakfree (trigger area) and Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil for the rails on up.

Are you serious oddjob, never heard of that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yep.......Got the idea of liquid wrench from a welder friend to get rid of carbon type buildup stuff, I let it soak for about an hour or so, scrub, spray brake cleaner to clean it up and lube her up. Been doing it for a few years now. Works great. I lay newspapers down on the garage floor when its soaking. I stopped using "gun cleaning stuff" due to costs. I found that the local automotive store the best place to buy gun cleaning stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL this is great! My Bro-in-Law (the so called EXPERT....KIMBER this KIMBER that!) will only use Hoppes. Gonna print this out just to bust his balls a bit!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Let him spend his $$$. I apply the motor oil to the rails & barrel area with a Q-Tip (easier to control). Break Free is "dropped" into the trigger area. I use this method on all my competition (USPSA guns) guns, AR's, and etc. I also have some of those aluminum handled brushes (in grade school we use to apply glue with it) to lube up my long guns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts