Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a beautiful XD9 yesterday. I have been looking over the manual and the only disassembly instructions I see say to rotate the front lever up to the 12 o'clock position. It gives no other instructions. What do I do next? I have several guns, but they are all revolvers and rifles. I consider myself pretty knowledgable about guns, and feel silly asking this.

:oops:

·
Registered
782 Posts
You have to pull the trigger to field strip it. So make sure it's clear and dry fire it. Then pull the slide right off (forward).

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
xHypex said:
1) Clear the gun
2) Lock the slide back
3) Rotate the lever up
4) Pull the trigger
5) Hit the slide stop
6) Slide the whole slide forward and off the frame
http://www.xd-hs2000.com/disassembly/disassembly.html
-hype
Alternately reverse steps four and five to be:
4) Hit the slide stop
5) Pull the trigger

The result is the same.
Because you have to pull the trigger you need to be sure that the chamber is clear. I remove the magazine and cycle the slide 2 or 3 times while looking. This insures that if I was stupid about the magazine that rounds would eject and show me that I was stupid.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Also, the slide will not release if the magazine is inserted in the mag well.

Raymond

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don said:
Alternately reverse steps four and five to be:
4) Hit the slide stop
5) Pull the trigger

The result is the same.
Because you have to pull the trigger you need to be sure that the chamber is clear. I remove the magazine and cycle the slide 2 or 3 times while looking. This insures that if I was stupid about the magazine that rounds would eject and show me that I was stupid.
Actually you're right Don, I swapped steps. I always cycle the slide a few times myself, but leaving the slide open and pulling the trigger won't do anything. You have to have the slide forward to disassemble the gun. :oops:
-hype

·
Registered
31 Posts
let me say again
remove the mag, clear the gun... check three times before u pull the trigger

my buddie shot a hole through my bed last week while stripping his XD

be careful!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
oooo a hole in the bed