Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can you guys point me in the direction of a good cleaning kit for my AR-15? I do not want some China Man made kit, but a good quality one! :cool:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I pretty much just stick with a bore snake, ap brush, bore brush, chamber brush, rods, and some clp. Works on my AR15 just as well as my issued kit (containing the same items) works on my M16.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I pretty much just stick with a bore snake, ap brush, bore brush, chamber brush, rods, and some clp. Works on my AR15 just as well as my issued kit (containing the same items) works on my M16.
+1, only thing I would add would be some of the "dental picks". They make it a little easier to get into the tight places for carbon around the inside of tight spots...bore snake was my best purchase for cleaning my AR...

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Don't forget the qtips. Work just as good in the star chamber as your ears!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
+2 on the Bore Snake.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I picked up the military kit at the local surplus store. Stores in a pouch in the stock of my M15A2. I like it a lot. Has a nylon scrub brush, chamber brush, bronze brush, patch thing, swab.
Works great on my Remington 527 .22, also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts