Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I cleaned cases I cleaned them overnight and they still didn't come real clean. 50/50 corncob and walnut. This time I added some paint thinner and in a matter of a few hours they came out spotless. I like paint thinner.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
dont they make a polishing solution just for cleaning brass case's?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Mineral spirts or paint thinner? I use 100% corncob and let them cook all night long, nice and shiny, insides cleaned pretty well too. Im putting some mineral spirits in this next time, I hear it reduces dust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I usually just use soap and water, they might still need a little buffing , but all of the oil and greese is gone. Wich is what matters the most.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Try soaking them in a solution of 1 gal hot water abit of dishwahsing soap and a 1/4 cup of vinager. Let them soak for about 10 to 20 min they will come out shinny. Then just polish them for a 1 hour and they will look like new.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just fill all my pants pockets with dirty brass, and then on wash day when my wife stops yelling at me, I just go get the clean and polished brass out of the dryer.
:lol:

Okay realy, corncob media+brass polish, run two hours, and they come out all shiney :D .

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I run them in my tumbler with a few capfulls of Dillon rapid polish in lyman green corncob, about 3 hours or so and they're just as clean as they need to be.

I don't like using harsh solvents on something like reloading brass. Whether it affects them or not, its just a mind thing.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
agalindo said:
Try soaking them in a solution of 1 gal hot water abit of dishwahsing soap and a 1/4 cup of vinager. Let them soak for about 10 to 20 min they will come out shinny. Then just polish them for a 1 hour and they will look like new.
Soap as in "you're soaking in it" or detergent for a dishwasher (not named Maria)? I am trying dishwasher detergent right now as a "what the hell" and it looks good so far.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Don
Soap as in "you're soaking in it" or detergent for a dishwasher
I use Dawn. :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
The Dillon stuff is very effective, but I havn't reloaded my cases in years :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts