Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, good thing I did some research on cleaning this new little item. Found out not to use Hoppes #9 on the satin-nickel finish. But on the slide and bore should be OK.

any recommendations for cleaning the satin parts? Break-Free CLP or other?

I would assume Hoppe's Lube oil is OK after cleaning.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I use Hoppes #9 on the frame all the time. The dou tone I have is not a nickel finish it' an aluminum frame. Where did you hear this warning?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all over the Bersa Forum.

also, many places on the web talk about not using Hoppes #9 on ANY satin/nickel finish.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe I got it wrong, maybe my DuoTone is NOT a satin-nickel finish since the slide is black.

looking at the bersa webpage, they have a few different models.

I just assumed the satin finish on the frame was nickel. . .maybe it is ALUM.

If it is ALUM, then no problems for Hoppe's #9????

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Right, and for sure my bersa frame is alum.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
could it be satin-nickel finish over aluminum. that is what the gun shop told me. He said the Hoppe's could penetrate any small nicks on the surface and get down to the base layer of copper and then start to eat it away.

he recommended No Hoppe's on this Bersa.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Might be on some but mine is just bushed aluminum. I'll have a closer look when I get home. It used to be my car gun but now it's my shelf by the door gun. :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so, someone over at "bersachat" has told me on the DuoTone that the frame is only anodized aluminum. . .no nickel anywhere on that model and I should be OK to use the ol' #9.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Yes it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts